Hi! I'm looking for the name of a romance novel.?

I cannot remember the name of the book and I'm not sure who the author is (I thought it was Connie Mason). The book is about a young daughter (not too young) who is set to marry someone chosen by her father. She leaves by boat I believe with her maid. She is then captured by a pirate? (who she obviously falls in love with in the end) Other details are that she finds out later in the book from her mother that her "father" isn't really her father (her mother tells her this when he suddenly dies and she is then no longer bound to the arranged marriage) and another detail I remember is that she has her wedding gown made by hand. I recall reading this book but cannot for the life of me find it and would like to purchase another copy. If anyone has even the slightest idea of what it's called please leave an answer.

Many Thanks

Thank You Jane Doe I believe thats it!!!!!

Favorite Answer

A Pirate's Love by Johanna Lindsey?

Overview:

Sailing westward toward the Caribbean sun, young Bettina Verlaine obediently sets out to fulfill the promise made by her father--but not by her heart -- a prearranged marriage destined not to be...once the notorious Captain Tristan's pirate ship appears on the horizon.

Abducted by the bold and handsome brigand, the pale-haired beauty surrenders her innocence in the warm caress of the tropical winds -- detesting her virile captor for enslaving her. . .yet loving him for the passionate spell he casts over fragile, yearning heart.