Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If justgoodfolk isn't safe, who is?

I admit it.

I've ranted,

vented,

and asked silly questions.

I might have even spammed.

But justgoodfolk did none of these.

He started an account 3 years ago, got +100 000 points, and a +40%.

Was he ideological?

Yep.

His avatar was Leon Trotsky.

http://htmlgiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/tr...

But his answers were always thoughtful and respectful.

It was his example that started to mellow me out and got me to re-asses my relationship with Yahoo! and YA itself.

In fact, while my Answerbag account is filling up,

he gave three answers: two on MJ and one where he favoured YA.

His AB profile:

justgoodfolk

http://www.answerbag.com/profile/?id=1009114

He seem to take YA's side in the one three questions he answered

(ansking none himself)

"Why is yahoo answers better??? xxx"

http://www.answerbag.com/a_view/7056846

Then he's suspended.

In the meantime we have confederate flags.

and

this:

MICHELLE OBAMA THE UGLY MONKEY

http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=AuED9Km_S...

Favorite Answer

No one is. I have one profile and attempt to follow the rules to the best of my ability, always did. That much is evident from every post I make. What people who accuse me seem to forget is the fact I have a Belgian IP number. They can think I have this or that profile but yahoo sees those profiles are American. That's cold hard proof it's not me. I could go on another computer but I can't fly to the states every day to "manage" my other accounts. It can not be done and I don't want to

I always trusted on yahoo to be reasonable against all the hate and hostility that comes my way for having unpopular opinions and the gift of defending them well. I respect their site and their rules and in turn they respected me. Even on their own initiative reinstated a Q from three years ago.

I'm here to help people. Not make friends or enemies but to help people looking for good info on subjects I know about. I appreciate the friends I made and regret those that don't like me and still hope they open their mind but ultimately I'm not responsible for how others choose to see me and when their accusations become insults there's only one option a guideline abiding member has

I think the moral of the story is justgoodfolk was safe all along. I admit really trying to follow the rules is different but I'm grateful it payed of eventually. I also feel a lot of grattitude and love for all the people who expressed support and stood up for me when I was gone. That really touched me and makes me only more determined to continue to give it my best effort

I'm glad YA reinstated justagoodfolk. I don't always agree with his views either, but they are never rude.

My account was briefly suspended a few weeks ago. I appealed on the answer that caused the suspension, YA overturned it and reinstated my account. I'm now 10 for 12 in overturned questions/answers that were reported in the last 2 months or so.

The two answers I didn't even bother protesting because I knew I screwed up, the other 10 however, were trolls reporting me.

Not sure how much longer I'll be around, I suppose it won't be long before I'm reported and suspended once again.

Y!A doesn't /have/ to respect our freedom of speech, but I'm glad to see that our commie friend was reinstated.

Freedom of speach is actually pretty tenuous. All you have is the freedom to speak - not to actually get your words out to anyone else. That technicality's been abused a bit, lately. For instance, when protestors are bundled into some out of the way side lot durring political party conventions.

And, of course, the media is simultaneous protected by that freedom, while routinely abridging it by locking one side or another out of public debate by simply refusing to report anything they say. There's been more than two candidates for every presidential election, but the media only ever covers the two 'serious' contenders.

None of us, and by that I mean socialists and liberals, The cons can sure dish it out but they can't take it, because most of them are cowards and the exchange of ideas may be a threat to them They are also lacking in courage, so very anonymously they remove our answers, without having the courage to fill the comment box to tell us specifically what they object to,. Or perhaps their English skills or whatever other language they post in are deficient.

What do you mean ?

I took a break for a while because the reports and general stupidity got to me

I just decided to come back today - I dumped all my contacts to make the break a real break

Are you saying he got suspended ? He was a level 7 I thought that was really rare and for serious offenses

He often told me how to win violations on appeals but I never bothered to appeal because it seemed worthless to try most of the time

3 to 5 violations in a week for me is about the average .... thus the break

There is something unfair about how this forum is policed --- but off all the people here who should be able to make it work to his advantage I suspect it is Justgoodfolk

LMAO!!!

I'll eco my answer from earlier:

To tell the truth, I think it's a metrical that he lasted this long. People in Y!A/Politics can be thin-skinned and intolerant to any ideas other than their own. Although I may not have agreed with all of his views, I added him to my contacts. As with most of the people I’ve added to my contacts, they have the ability to state their point of view without attempting to belittle people with an opposing viewpoint.

I think “this” speaks volumes to how lopsided Y!A/Politics has become. There is no way people can talk “politics” without offending someone. Yahoo should do one of two things. 1. Remove the report button from the “Politics” section, or 2. Remove the “Politics” section altogether.

Source(s): Thanks for staring this question JGF!!!
  • Katz

I will agree that he does give thorough answers, although Liberal.

But, as an American I do find it offensive having to look at Nazi avatars all the time when I log into an American political forum.

I think theres more to it, I mean why would he go to the trouble and remove his picture and then change his name to a 'dot' before hand.. Think about it.

Im sure he is still here, lurking with one of his *other* profiles.

that's ok if someone like me is not in agreement with someone like him, but it's a big sign of my stupidity if I oppose his thoughtful and well constructed posts with insulting, cloning his ID, or reporting him with troll users etc. the more I do this, the more I look stupid. generally being stupid is not a big surprise in this category, Politics. find some above my answer.

No one is , but then he always claimed that he never violated the rules, I never believed that. I have been suspended 3 times at level 7,re instated only recently I know in my heart he was the one who reported me on a question I asked about thanking our veterans, he was never anything but nasty on 360, and I was surprised he got suspended, but I won't miss him nor some of his other accounts. In the end its only a message board, and I am sure as a I am sitting here that he is already back

Edit: I was right he is back having won an appeal, only took him 2 days , took me a 4

Yeah, I see some of the most awful posting and they never get suspended. I just think that it depends on who is in charge on a particular day, a Demo or a Repub.