How can I become a Recreational Pilot in Canada?

well, I have always wanted to fly a plane, but the thing is, I don't know how to fulfil my life long wish.

could anyone please tell me the requirements/ learning process or licensure process for becoming a recreational pilot for oneself in Canada.

and also the minimum age requirements

Favorite Answer

Hey, I'm in the same boat. I actually just schedule a familiarization flight at Buttonville Airport in the Toronto area. The airport offers a large training school, and for ~$6,000 you can get your Solo or Recreational license. The Solo license allows you to fly a single prop airplane by yourself VFR within Canada. A Recreational license allows you to fly a single prop airplane with one passenger VFR within Canada. For ~$10,000 you can get your private pilots license, which allows you to fly a single prop airplane with multiple passengers VFR internationally. You can get additional ratings for instrument, multiple engine, night time flying etc. Here is their website: http://training.torontoairways.com/ft-flight-train... If you're in the Toronto area it seems that this is a great aviation program. I'm not sure about the age requirement, but if you're asking I'm guessing you're young. Look into aviation programs at colleges around your area. I know Seneca college has a good aviation program in Toronto if you want to take flying more seriously.