What should I expect to see?

I am taking a free acting class tonight. As I've never taken an acting class in my life and I am a little shy, I am bit nervous about what may happen. Do you know what I should expect to be doing during the class?

Favorite Answer

Is this just one class, or is this a weekly sort of thing? If it's just one class, then you'll probably be doing acting exercises and games. (Look up "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" and you'll see what I mean.)

Where did you hear about this? Are there other people who have taken this class before? Ask them about what they did when they participated in the class.

Most of all -- have fun. :D

Source(s): I act as well.

Most likely you will be paired with a partner and giving a scene to work on. You will have time to run lines and develop a character.

You will then watch what the others are doing until its your turn to get up in front of everyone. You will be critique and told to work on the scene and your character. Then you will be seen again doing the same thing next week.

It's best to get off script and have it at least somewhat memorized