Why is it the Liberals cannot stand the thought of Government listening to their phone calls, but?

Have no concerns about a government appointing a "Commissioner" to oversee your personal health care needs?

How is it that Liberals believe there will not be rationing of health care? How do they not understand that this would be the single greatest threat to their liberty in US history?

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=OTNiMTY0NTQ0Y...

Update:

Jasmine:

"Let me reverse the question..please answer...How is it that Republicans don't want any government intervention but you don't mind the Government listening to your phone calls."

Everyone involved in the so called wire tap controversy has said (even democrats admitted) that the calls that are wire tapped are incoming calls from suspected terrorists or foriegn countries suspected of harboring terrorist activites to suspected terrorists in the US.

I do not know about you, but I have never recieved a call from a terrorist or a nation harboring terrorist. The wire tapping is not tapping domestic to domestic phone conversations.

So in the defence of our nation, I do not mind the wire tapping under those surcomstances.

Ever heard of the Clinton Echelon program?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/02/24/60minute...

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

How about all the Czars who don't get Congressional approval?

Its because they don't believe in terrorism but they believe in Obama

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Very simple. All bills are weigh-ins of freedom, order, and liberty. If one is increased, another is lost. The more freedom, usually the less order, etc..

Tapping phone calls is a loss of freedom for an increase in order.

A nationalized health care barely toys with freedom and liberty. The fact of the matter is, that for "liberals", we want more government control over certain fields. However I don't want the government listening to what I say on the phone, because they're paranoid of home-grown terrorists.

There is a difference, whether you believe it or not. And the single greatest threat? People throw this way outta-bounds. Nationalized Health Care won't destroy America, God, or capitalism. It's adding an option for those who need it.

The system will be rocky at first, we haven't had much of a successful NHS ever before. I think the benefits of healthier citizens and getting back in the running for great country who cares about their citizens is much better than the risks.

Once again, this will not take your guns, God, or capitalism from you, relax.

• 1 decade ago

Let me reverse the question..please answer...How is it that Republicans don't want any government intervention but you don't mind the Government listening to your phone calls. This is common sense...how about you think for two seconds....When someone is trying to create health care available to those who don't have health care...How would that be rationing??? Rationing would be some people wouldn't get health care or in very limited quantities. That's not what Obama is proposing.Please find me a link were OBAMA not anyone else has said health care will be rationed. If another system a more affordable system was to happen would that not create competition with other insurance companies??? Would that not result in Insurance companies lowering there prices and accepting those that preexisting conditions?? Would that not be the competitive market that people want?? Nobody said you have to take the health care the government will be offering you just have another option if you can't afford what have...

• Bill
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

That's completely ridiculous. If you can afford to pay for any treatment, then you can get that treatment. That's how it works now, and that's how it would work if the health care plan passes.

The only difference is that the new plan would give at least some health care to people who have none, or slightly better care to people who have poor coverage - at a cost to the taxpayers of course.

That's why you hear so many ridiculous things about health care. The people paying most of the taxes (the wealthy) don't want to have to dish out more to cover the poor. And they are very good at controlling the conversation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have to just stand in awe of their unwavering hypocrisy. They have no problem with the government running your life, yet when the government wants to listen in on phone calls (terrorists), they jump up and down screaming.

Like the government really wants to listen in on some liberal talking about going to Starbucks after work. Give me a break.

• 1 decade ago

you REALLY think that Obama's administration will completely remote the wire tap? LOL ... what they say publicly and do secretly is a world of difference.

Lets put it this way. The United States CANNOT afford not listening for "chatters" ... the day we really do (it won't happen) you can be sure that you will see a bigger 911 all over again.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Actually, liberals have no problem with the government listening to phone calls, especially since Jim McDermott wiretapped Newt Gingrich and the Democrats were silent on that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

NATIONAL REVIEW?

ARE YOU KIDDING

THE SINGLE MOST CONSERVATIVE PUBLICATION IN THE COUNTRY?

HERE, TRY SOME FACTS:

FIRST OF ALL, THERE WILL BE NO NATIONALIZATION OF HEALTH CARE!

[I go to the Dallas VA Medical Center and the government doesn’t even run THAT!]

There is NO "OBAMA CARE" The plan[s] are being built by congress.

The ONLY THING THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO DO IS ADD AN OPTION:

NON-PROFIT INSURANCE FOR THE POOR & UNEMPLOYED

There are 45 million Americans who have NO health care options except Emergency Rooms!

The USA is 37TH in HEALTH CARE!

These are NOT my idea of the best!

THE WORST POSSIBLE CHOICE IS TO DO NOTHING!

Health care costs are:

Increasing 2-3 times faster than wages

Currently eating up 18% of our money

AND, WILL DESTROY OUR ECONOMY UNLESS WE FIX IT!

Want to know WHO DOESN’T want ANY CHANGE?

THE INSURANCE COMPANIES!

THEY EAT 40% OF EVERY HEALTH CARE DOLLAR.

For what we are already paying, WE COULD INSURE EVERY MAN, WOMAN & CHILD IN AMERICA WITH ZERO DEDUCTIBLE, ZERO COPAY COVERAGE!

OK, SO HOW WILL THEY PAY FOR IT?

>DRUG DISCOUNTS

>ELIMINATING WASTE

>LOCKING UP PEOPLE WHO COMMIT FRAUD

>CONCENTRATING ON PREVENTATIVE CARE

[Currently, the only option for the poor is the E.R. at county hospitals and that’s THE MOST EXPENSIVE CARE THERE IS!]

To find the truth, http://www.whitehouse.gov/realitycheck/

To report the lies, http://www.whitehouse.gov/realitycheck/contact

• 1 decade ago

not only is obama not doing anything with the Patriot Act, he is EXPANDING the phone tapping. They sure through up a big fight when Bush was in office, but keeping their mouths shut now.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's about time. If they could be civil and not infringe on the rights of others to get information they are seeking, then they need to be silenced.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why would the government spend so much in military for my safety if they want to kill me with the excuse of providing care...?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.