i am going to apply for canadian pr under federel skilled woker category, is my experience from india be count?

i have arranged employment offer from canadian employer, and currently i am working for the same employer from last 3 yrs as a temporary foriegn worker



Update 2:

my question is :- my work experience will be countable or not in the application for pr

Update 3:

actually i m already working for same employer from last 3 yrs, but in low level category ( c & d), but my experience from india is as a supervisor in manufacturing which is close to NOC 9224(skilled level B),so well they count this experience or no?

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    what do you mean CLOSE to 9224?

    you have to be doing the exact duties listed for 9224 or your experience does not count.

    9224 = Supervisor of furniture manufactoring

    have you done that supervisor work in the last 10 years?

    why are you not doing that supervisor work in Canada now?

    To apply for PR status inside Canada is allowed.


    Canadian experience category


    WHO can apply?

    You must meet these minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class.

    According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

    Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or

    Skill Level A (professional occupations) or

    Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades)

    You asked - so well they count this experience (in India) or no?

    I would say NO - CIC want the experience you get in Canada - that's what Canadian experience means.

    You must have experience in a class 0 or A or B (IN CANADA) which you do NOT currently have.

    You cannot apply as a skilled worker inside Canada.

    You must apply under the Canadian Experience category (from inside Canada) as stated above.

    Source(s): PR in Canada
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    The government will consider it but Canadian employers will not. Canadian employers will not hire without you already having at least a year of Canadian experience in your field. Because too many immigrants have come to Canada in the past with false credentials and false resumes.

    However, in your case this does not apply as you already have a job offer. If you have a job offer in Canada, that generally means the government will accept your experience. You have nothjing to lose by trying.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    If you have a job offer from a Canadian company, it is up to that company to ensure that you are the best candidate for the job. They will decide what of your experience counts.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    What is a pr ? do you mean a P.R.Card i.d.?

    Request forms from the Consulate either in person or online.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.