Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Could this happen in America?

A friend shared this with me in an email and I thought it was worth sharing with others. It's a bit lengthy, but worth reading, I think anyways. Thanks in advance for your answers. God bless.

What would you say if I gave you 11 reasons why the elections in 2010 will be the most important in the history of the United States ?

1. What if I had told you in October 2008, before the last presidential election, that before Barack Obama's first 100 days in office, the federal government would be in control of both the mortgage and the banking industries? That 19 of America 's largest banks would be forced to undergo stress tests by the federal government which would determine if they were insufficiently capitalized, so they must be supervised by the government?

Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen in America ."

2. What if I had told you that within Barack Obama's first 100 days in office the federal government would be the largest shareholder in the US Big-Three automakers: GM, and Chrysler? That the government would kick out the CEO's of these companies and appoint hand-picked executives with zero experience in the auto industry and that executive compensation would be determined, not by a Board of Directors, but by the government?

Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen in America !"

3. What if I had told you that Barack Obama would appoint 21 Czars, without congressional approval, accountable only to him, not to the voters, who would have control over a wide range of US policy decisions. That there would be a Stimulus Accountability Czar, an Urban Czar, a Compensation Czar, an Iran Czar, an Auto Industry Czar, a Cyber Security Czar, an Energy Czar, a Bank Bailout Czar, and more than a dozen other government bureaucrats with unchecked regulatory powers over US domestic and foreign policy.

4. What if I had told you that the federal deficit would be $915 billion in the first six months of the Obama presidency - with a projected annual deficit of $1.75 trillion - triple the $454.8 billion in 2008, for which the previous administration was highly criticized by Obama and his fellow Democrats. That congress would pass Obama's $3.53 trillion federal budget for fiscal 2010... That the projected deficit over the next ten years would be greater than $10 trillion.

5. What if I had told you that the Obama Justice Department would order FBI agents to read Miranda rights to high-value detainees captured on the battlefield and held at US military detention facilities in Afghanistan . That Obama would order the closing of the Guantanamo detention facility with no plan for the disposition of the 200-plus individuals held there. That several of the suspected terrorists at Guantanamo would be sent to live in freedom in Bermuda at the expense of the US government. That our returning US veterans would be labeled terrorists and put on a watch list.

6. What if I had told you that the federal government would seek powers to seize key companies whose failures could jeopardize the financial system. That a new regulatory agency would be proposed by Obama to control loans, credit cards, mortgage-backed securities, and other financial products offered to the public.

Would you have said, "C'mon, that will never happen in America !!"

7. What if I had told you that Obama would travel to the Middle East, bow before the Saudi king, and repeatedly apologize for America 's past actions. That he would travel to Latin America where he would warmly greet Venezuela 's strongman Hugo Chavez and sit passively in the audience while Nicaraguan Marxist thug Daniel Ortega charged America with terrorist aggression in Central America .

8. Okay, now what if I were to tell you that Obama wants to dismantle conservative talk radio through the imposition of a new "Fairness Doctrine." That he wants to curtail the First Amendment rights of those who may disagree with his policies via internet blogs, cable news networks, or advocacy ads. That most major network television and most newspapers will only sing his phrases like state-run media in communist countries?

Would you say, "C'mon, that will never happen in America !!!"

9. What if I were to tell you that the Obama Justice Department is doing everything it can to limit your Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms. That the federal government wants to reinstate the so-called assault weapons ban which would prohibit the sale of any type of firearm that doesn't require the shooter to pull the trigger every time a round is fired. That Obama's Attorney General wants to eliminate the sale of virtually all handguns and ammunition, which most citizens choose

for self-defense.

10. What if I were to tell you that the Obama plan is to eliminate states rights guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment and give the federal government sweeping new powers over policies currently under the province of local and state governments and voted on by the people. That Obama plans to control the schools, energy production, the environment, health care, and the wealth of every US citizen.

Would you say, "C'mon, that will never happen in America !"

11. What if I were to tell you that the president, the courts, and the federal government have ignored the US Constitution and have seized powers which the founders of our country fought to restrict. That our last presidential election may have been our last truly free election for some time to come.

I know, I know what you will say. "That will never happen in America !"

Thank you

Best Answer

Mike...Excellent!

How many would have said "that would never happen"...probably most of us! But it is

Yes, this not only can happen, but is. America as we know it is slowly being destroyed, and will soon collapse under the crushing weight of the national debt. The government will collapse, the dollar become worthless, people will lose all their life savings overnight, there will be rioting, killings, starvation, anarchy and chaos. The country will fall into political dissolution sooner rather than later.

Good bye, America

• Jewel

#1. This was deserved by greedy people who drove the banks into the grounds themselves.

#2. Somebody had to kick these idiots out and obviously they weren't going to admit to their mistakes, correct them or bow down themselves. They've been ripping Americans off for years.

#3. Idiotic to even believe that one, don't twist or flavor the facts.

#4. The deficit was already trillions of dollars in debt from the Bush Administration. At least Obama is helping out poor Americans who lost their jobs from Bush's actions.

#5. The Guantanamo issue has been discussed for years. Just another excuse to blame Obama.

#6. Refer to #1

#7. Anyone who thinks the USA needs no allies and peace are arrogant morons.

#8. Who the hell wants to listen to you whiners anyway?

#9. The second amendment act needs to be revised although I agree not with the stipulated details you mention.

#10. I believe that a lot of Americans don't really listen to what Obama is trying to do for our country and are way too ignorant to understand. Our country has been sprialing down for years because of arrogance and greed. In order to keep us a strong country a lot of the above mentioned needed and needs to be done.

I would say, I saw this coming. I would say I tried to get people to pay attention, and was ignored. I would say people who voted for him or said it couldn't happen are self-blinded sheep who don't want to stand up to vote to protect what others have put their lives on the line for!

I would say the bad things will continue to happen until either enough people wake up and vote out the tyrants, or until it's too late and America falls apart with a whimper.

• magy

This current mess we're in with our Gov. frustrated my husband enough to become a naturalized citizen this past June so he can vote in the next election- EVERY vote counts!

I would say the same thing I said before the election, which is..."You know that, and I know that, but this collection of numbnuts and sheep will vote him in anyway...."

Bravo Mike, that is what has happened and yes it is important we stop the madness and vote them out of office while we still have the right to vote!

• Diana

I'd say just as I said before he was elected just about every thing you just did. I saw that forked tongue right off the bat. Didn't vote for him, mad as hell at those who kiss up to stupid butt, and good grief I could go on and on.

It's a disgrace that he put his filthy hand on the bible of such a great man.

I pretty much figured out that the above would all happen even before the election, but the majority of people wanted "hope and change."

Why would #3 not happen in America? Presidents have appointed Czars since Reagan. Why would anyone be ignorant enough to think that Obama would be the first president in 20 years to not appoint Czars?

And Obama PROMISED to do #5 before he even got elected.

It seems your list was written by someone living in a cave the last 20 years, and ignoring everything that occured between then and Obama's inauguration.

I take offense that you think you know how I would respond to these statements.

I certainly would never have said anything as vapid as "that would never happen in 'Merikuh!"