Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Why did MTV refuse to play Janet Jackson's videos from her Damita Jo album?

I think JJ only made 2 videos from the album but MTV wouldn't play them back in 2004 and even now I think.

Best Answer

Because she was black balled over the super bowl nipple gate incident. She was also told not to attend the Grammies if she didn't apologize she didn't, because she already issued an apology. Also Viacom owns CBS the channel the superbowl and the grammies aired and MTV and other networks. And because of what happened with JJ/JT Viacom was fined and MTV cannot produce anymore halftime shows. So they pretty much have to go by their rules.

My absolute favourites are Rhythm u . s . a . 1814, administration, Damita Jo, and The Velvet Rope I do like each for You, 20 Y.O. and self-discipline to boot however the different ones are my favourites all her albums are good regardless of the undeniable fact that including Janet Jackson, and Dream highway

cuz dey wer 2 smexxxy its a shaem rly :( i duno y ppl hate smexxines so much it makez me rly sad

DA SMEXXXY PPL AR GONA TAKE OVA THA WORLD 1 DAY THO SO WACH OWT CUZ WER CUMMING!!!!!!!!!