Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Question about buying a car?

I'm from Alberta Canada, and am looking at buying a car from Carmax in Greenville, SC. I was wondering what all would be involved in getting it back home?, could I just have it registered here then fly down and drive it home? or is there more to it than that?.

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You actually need to get it registered in Alberta when you get back.

    HOWEVER... you need to contact Carmax first and let them know the car will be driven back to Canada. They can provide temp tags to get you home, but there may be customs issues they can advise on.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.