University Requirement for Astronomy?

I am considering taking career in Astronomy and what is the university requirement for Astronomy, I know that they require math and physics. But what kind of math and physics do they required?

I am considered enrolling in University of Western Ontario, or there are other better university, feel free to let me know.

Favorite Answer

University requirements are different for every college or university, but overall for astronomy I would say they would be looking for a heavy focus in science and math.

• rini

a speedy Google hunt shows that there do no longer seem any. although, the reliable information is that there are astronomy/astrophysics modules available in a point Physics. additionally, you do no longer could do a point Astronomy to get onto an Astronomy or Astrophysics degree direction, in undemanding terms a ranges in Physics and Maths plus another. Gemzee is incorrect - you may initiate Astrophysics modules on your first year at uni, there are a lot of classes like this.