Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

10 Points for a good Science Fair Project (Read details)?

Okay, I'm in Science 9/10 Honours, so my science fair topic has to be at a Grade 10 level. It can't have anything to do with plants or music (all the teachers hate those ones), and nothing like comparing brands of nailpolish, detergents, anything (they hate comparing brands too). But don't make it impossible, that you know will never work, like "Are Lemons The Cure To Cancer?". Just something advanced, not comparing brands, not impossible, and nothing to do with plants or music. Yeah, I know, sorry about the pickiness, but just tell me your ideas please! What did you do for your science fair? Oh, and if you give me a topic or question, please tell me what materials I would need, and how I would conduct the experiment. ANY advice would be great. If you can't answer everything, just answer at least one of the questions, or tell me your idea, but I will choose the best answer and give them five stars! Thanks so much! (:

Favorite Answer

take the personalized science project quiz at www.sciencebuddies.com

Here's some ideas from Labs that I did in Grade 9 Bio, Chem and Phys.

1. Mouldy Jello. Make Jello, and some old (and mouldy) bread or cheese. Get some mould on the Jello. The sugar and the protein in the Jello will help it grow. You can do different concentrations of Jello.

2. Corrosion. Put different metals in acid. Mass them before, and then mass them every day (take them out of the acid with tweezers and place on petri dish, then mass) to figure out how much mass was lost because of corrosion. Do some research and make sure you use a corrosive metal, a noncorrosive metal, and one in between.

I hope this helps!

Source(s): Grade 9 Science course.

How about something looking at the quality of and impurities in your local water?

Some of it would just need basic science supplies (some sort of indicator to test acidity), maybe you could find out what basic tests you can do for chlorine and fluoride and so on, you just evaporate it to see impurities visually and maybe you can test what they are and so on...you could also research by asking the company what is in the water, and see if your test results agree with what they say.

I dunno, can you think of ways to tie it in with the sort of things you are studying in chem and bio classes? It's at least a bit more relevant and interesting than comparing brands...

I would visit my local dentist and see if he could donate some teeth. Then I would put each tooth in a cup or dish, adding different substances ( food and liquids) and see what causes the teeth to decay, and which does it faster than others. Make sure to record your results on a timely basis, pictures would be favorable. Chart the results and make sure to write a good conclusion on your findings. Good luck.

I won a science project competition when I was in school by doing a project on optical illusions. The different kinds and how and when they happen.

nicely while i replaced into in undemanding college I had to do 2 technological know-how honest initiatives. try how the air rigidity in issues like balls or vehicle tires impact their overall performance. or why donning a black shirt attracts the sunlight to make you warmer. or additionally how salt impacts the density of goods. nicely it is largely some recommendations of what I did or in basic terms theory-approximately.

• Dan.

Do one where you get people to sign up to ban the use of Dihydrogen Monoxide.

do a science project about make-up since thats all you answer all day long.