Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

UN Security Council meaning?

1)What is the UN Security Council? What do they do?

2)Why is China, France, UK, Russia, and US the only nations having the permanent membership in the Security Council? What is special about those nations?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

United Nation was formed after WWII to foster peace and to prevent another WW. The Security Council is charged with the maintenance of international peace and security. Its powers, outlined in the United Nations Charter, include the establishment of peacekeeping operations, the establishment of international sanctions, and the authorization of military action. Its powers are exercised through United Nations Security Council Resolutions.

China (originally represented by Republic of China a.k.a Taiwan, later replaced by Communist China), France, UK, Russia, and US were considered the winning countries of WWII, therefore, they became the permanent members of the Security Council and were given veto power. Because of the permanent membership, the official languages of these 5 countries become the official languages of UN. Every UN publications are published in these 5 languages.

• keitz
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I envisioned the U. S. to abstain from this vote and that i evaluate the pass sensible. I want it have been a clean abjection with clean reasons mentioned for the ordinary public to pay attention world extensive. we are so not blinded we see very of course. No isolation here, we are an fairly thrilling inhabitants here various of many human beings from world extensive. i comprehend there is not something strange approximately helping Israel and maximum human beings could think of helping the UN right now could be seen strange. We evaluate Ha mas and the Palestine peoples options very strange. We evaluate the concentration of attacking Israel strange. i think of the attack on the twin towers assisted those people who're particularly responsive to the attitudes and movements world extensive by making use of communities like Hamas. so which you would be able to thank al-quada and different governments and communities for our help of anti terrorism and our newborn desire to guard our freedoms from the UN and those they seem to assist.

• elsass
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I predicted the U. S. to abstain from this vote and that i evaluate the circulate sensible. I want it have been a clean abjection with clean reasons stated for the widely used public to take heed to international. we are so no longer blinded we see very for sure. No isolation right here, we are an extremely exciting inhabitants right here various of a lot of human beings from international. i be responsive to there is not any longer something strange approximately helping Israel and maximum individuals might think of helping the UN in the present day may well be seen strange. We evaluate Ha mas and the Palestine peoples possibilities very strange. We evaluate the concentration of attacking Israel strange. i think of the attack on the twin towers assisted those individuals who're extremely responsive to the attitudes and movements international by capacity of communities like Hamas. so which you will thank al-quada and different governments and communities for our help of anti terrorism and our newborn desire to guard our freedoms from the UN and those they seem to assist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.