Are you outrages that the government is try to pass a law to take control over the internet?

Yes, that's right. The internet. THe one place giving you the ultimate in freedom of speech. And Obama and the democrats what to be able to control it or monitor and shut down private networks, "In case of an emergency."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10320096-38.html

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nothing about our anti constitution government surprises me anymore. The "in case of emergency" is hilarious. Obama getting a hang nail would be all he needed to declare an emergency. We are in so much trouble!!

• 4 years ago

No way guy.....you like the government to guard you from your self. The greater regulations the greater proper. basically save vote casting democrat and that they'll save passing regulations to maintain you from your self. i won't be able to wait til that's unlawful to smoke on your guy or woman domicile....smoking is undesirable for you. that's already commencing in Colorado. obese human beings at the instant are not healthful.....they might desire to be fined till they attain an proper weight. Yeah toddler....greater regulations.

• Belle
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

So you are more upset about them taking control of the internet in the event of a National emergency....but you were okay with the Patriot Act? Which came into being under Bush!

The Patriot act has far more potential to take away citizens control, over numerous aspects of their lives, and unlimited invasion of privacy...but you get your nickers in a knot over the internet.

(scratches head)

Belle

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

So we have another 9/11 or god forbid our country is invaded by some other nation--we have a massive nuclear attack. I think that would merit them being able to create an online style amber alert. Only a complete idiot would think otherwise.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think voting the government any more power than it already has and abuses is a bad idea.

• 1 decade ago

A republican was one of the sponsors of that bill. Don't blame Obama and the dems for everything. Obama has nothing to do with it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope. I am outraged that it was sponsored by CONS, and that it took so long for CONS to become aware of this. It is because they are too busy with their retarded Neo-McCarthyism, why they missed it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.