Were anti-Bush shirt wearers arrested at Bush rally, while assault rifle bearers allowed at Obama speech?

I heard this from John Stewart on The Daily Show.

I know that in some jurisdictions carrying guns is okay.

But were people REALLY arrested just because they wore shirts than indicated they were "anti" George W. Bush?

Favorite Answer

Yes. And then there was the person who was escorted off of a plane because they had an anti-bush t-shirt.

******

Woman Tossed Off Plane For Obscene Bush T-Shirt

Oct 6, 2005

AP) RENO A woman was booted off a Southwest Airlines flight in Reno for wearing a T-shirt with the pictures of President Bush and Vice President **** Cheney and the F-word.

Lorrie Heasley of Woodland, Wash., said she plans to press a civil-rights complaint against the airline over Tuesday's action at Reno-Tahoe International Airport.

Heasley said she wore the T-shirt as a gag, and wanted her parents, both Democrats, to see it when they picked her up at the Portland, Ore., airport.

The 32-year-old lumber saleswoman said she thinks she had a right to wear it."

******

And yet ANOTHER example:

Aussie Man Wearing Anti-Bush T-Shirt Not Allowed To Board Flight

December 14, 2006

Topics t-shirt, airport, bush, security, people, express, route, virgin, freedom, picture, blue, light, australia, london, family and man

An Australian man was denied permission to board a connecting flight within Australia unless he removed the T-shirt titled "World's #1 Terrorist" with a picture of U.S. President George W. Bush.

The incident occurred on December 2 when Allen Jasson, who lives in London, was stopped by security personals at an airport while he was en route to meet his family. He was at the terminal hoping to catch a connecting flight from Adelaide to Melbourne when his ordeal began.

According to ANI, Jasson was first stopped at London's Heathrow Airport and forced to remove the T-shirt because it caused "security problem in light of the present situation."

He faced a similar situation at the Adelaide Airport and felt that both incidents were attempts to prevent him from exercising his freedom of expression of his feelings.

"I told her I had the right to express my opinion. I felt I had made my point and caved in," Jasson said.

However, the Aussie passenger wore his Bush T-Shirt again but was yet again banned from boarding a subsequent connecting flight.

"It was argued other passengers could be offended. I said it was most offensive that I would be prevented from expressing my political views," said the Aussie traveler.

*********

And people who carry guns to POLITICAL EVENTS are not expressing their "second amendment rights" either. Gimme a freaking BREAK.

It is a DIRECT THREAT to the President of the United States and they should have been arrested immediately.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but NOT your own facts. People were NEVER arrested because of the shirts they were wearing during the Bush Administration, although some were kicked out of events for violating other laws. People were NOT at Obama's meetings with firearms. No one was within the perimeter designated as the "Federal Site" which is what the area is called where the President is appearing. No one was carrying an "assault rifle." It is legal in Arizona to carry a legally owned firearm openly in public. No laws were broken and the President was not threatened. Contrary to rumors being circulated on leftwing websites, there have been no greater numbers of threats to Obama than to previous presidents, according to the Feds. These rumors have been started in an effort to malign conservatives and opponents of the Administration.

Yes they were. further those that were not were usually herded into fenced in enclosures called 'free speech zones'

Local arrested these people at the request of the bush administration, who in turn said...'hey it is not our doing this wall doen by the locals'

so go figure...take a look at the aclu cases filed in defence of the aressted but never tried or convited t shir wearers.

800 protesters were arrested at Republican National Convention in 2008 and reporters with cameras film removed! Healthcare protesters w/Guns arrested = 0

Source(s): AMY GOODMAN @ DEMOCRACY NOW .COM
  • ole2u

Yes! Only cons are allowed and excused for being anti American and to show how bullified they can be. Libs are held to a higher standard and as such usually tow the line. Sure isn`t fair is it?

There is no truth to that. The only thing that comes close was a guy was not allowed to board a private corporations commerical airliner because he was wearing an extremely offensive shirt that also was anti Bush.

If some people were also arrested while wearing anti-Bush shirts, they were arrested because of their actions not their choice of clothing.

"I heard this from Jon Stewart on The Daily Show."

/question.

He is NOT a news source any more than Colbert is. He is an entertainer.

Either way, in regards to what you're saying, the people with the anti-Bush shirts were probably causing a commotion during the speech which is grounds to be removed. The people carrying guns were outside protesting. Nothing wrong with that since we do have the right to bear arms.

• Jen

Stewart may be a comedian, but he's on target with his facts.

http://firedoglake.com/2009/08/19/late-night-guns-...

Well yah, its your American right to bear arms but Anti Presidentail propoganda is a No No. Don't taze me Bro.