How much is my old stove worth?

I've been using an old Magic Chef from the 1930s with eight burners, two ovens, one broiler and a warming oven for the past 30 years. Now the propane company comes in and says it's illegal. I have to light the oven with a match which does not bother me in the least. The propane man says that match-lit ovens are not legal. He says it must have some kind of electronic ignition or I need to junk it. If I sell it, how much can I get for it? Can I get enough to buy a regular up-to date kitchen stove? Or should I just keep it and tell the propane people to stay out of my house?

Favorite Answer

If I had a stove like yours I would be in cloud 9 , you can get it converted if there is a problem with the legality , I wouldn't part with it that's for sure!

I have found this link they have prices and they also sell them

http://www.antiquestoves.com/gas.htm

It sounds like you have a "Magic Chef 6300 Right Stack" which is probably worth more than a lot of new models. I'd tell the propane people to stay the heck out of my house.

1960 Frigidaire custom imperial electric stove