Was it common for Canadian women to have unshaved legs and to go without underwear during the 70s?

This may seem like a strange question, but there is a reason why I'm asking it. In 1976, an unidentified attractive young couple were found shot to death on a dirt road in Sumter County, South Carolina. One thing that was noticed about the couple was that they both didn't wear underwear and that the woman had unshaved legs. Authorities believe that the couple may have been well-to-do and possibly from another country. At one point during the investigation, a man came forward claiming that he had met a couple fitting the description of Sumter County John and Jane Doe, and that the guy he met was named "Jock" or "Jacques" and claimed to be the son of a prominent doctor in Canada who had disowned him for giving up his own medical career. Most American women during the 70s shaved their legs. Did very many Canadian women go commando or have unshaved legs during the 70s, and is it possible that our John and Jane Doe are the Canadian doctor's son and his girlfriend?

Favorite Answer

Oh man you're funny.

I would call that more of a personal choice than a cultural one. Remember, the hippies weren't long before that so she could have been one, my mom was a canadian woman in the 70's and i'm pretty sure she would never have considered going commando with hairy legs.

I dont understand all the answers that are saying no and going so far as to say its disgusting etc. Your body is meant to have hair. On a personal level, I only bother to shave my lower legs since I dont wear anything shorter than capris. If Im not revealing the lower legs then perhaps I might get lazy and let the hair grow a bit. If there is the rare occassion where Im wearing something knee-length i.e. dress then I will shave my entire legs. Otherwise, its just very thin, light hair that I cant even feel and cant be seen from far away. Its a personal preference in my opinion.

you better believe it....

canadian women are the hairiest in the world next to French women of course

Those were Canadians? I was told they were Elk!

They made loverly sausages!

still common to this day, trend spreading to the united states