How do I word my wedding invitation?

Both my parents (divorced) and his parents are helping pay for the wedding. I was thinking...

John & Jane Smith and Charles Miller & Sue Johnson

request the pleasure of your company

at the marriage of their children

Myself

&

My Fiancee

Date, Time, Location, Etc

We're having a civil ceremony with 95% family on the guest list. Am I wording this appropriately?

Thanks!

I have been told that wedding invitations with divorced parents are worded differently for some reason. I don't know why or how and it wasn't the most reliable source. This is the only reason I have specified my situation; please just disregard if it's not a factor. Thanks!

ALSO...

Who's names do I put first? My parents or his? They're doing an equal split on the cost of the wedding...

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

If you have any step-parents, you must include their names. I was in this exact situation, so to solve it all I made it simple:

Together with their parents,

Matt and Katie request the honor of your presence....blah blah blah.

Then in the program we listed our parents' and step-parents' names.

Bride's family should always come first!

Check theknot.com. It has the answers to everything. I would word it like this:

One parent

& Other parent (divorced parents should be on separate lines)

request the pleasure of your company

at the marriage of their daughter

Your Name

to

Fiance's name

Son of his parents

date

time

location

Source(s): newlywed 7-11-09

The first part is nice, but make it more formal:

Mr. Charles Miller and Ms. Sue Johnson

Together with Mr. and Mrs. John Smith

request the pleasure of your company...

sounds fine but another idea might be

John and Jane smith along with Sue Johnson and Charles Miller

this is all I have

good luck and what you have sounds fine

Forget who is paying for what. This is private information and you want to keep it private, not include it in your announcements. You include parents (and possibly step parents) in the invitation to help people understand who Bonnie and Gordon are, not to give glory to financial contributors.

The pleasure of the company of

[leave two spaces to write in each name, no &guest or &family stuff]

is requested at a small dance

to celebrate the marriage of

Bonnie Belinda Bridette, daughter of

Brenda Bridette Newman and David Newman,

Robert Bridette, to

Gordon Edward Groomly, son of

Fern and Gregory Groomly,

on Saturday blah blah blah

With this invitation I am not wondering "Do I know any Bonnie Bridette? any Gordon Groomly?" It is clear that Bonnie is my nephew David's step daughter, Brenda's girl. I've always called her Cookie and often forget that her last name is Bridette, not Newman, so I really needed that little memory aid.

David Newman is included because he married Bonnies mother when Bonnie was a tiny girl and she considers him a second Daddy, considers his parents to be her grandparents. Fern and Gregory can have their names on one line because they are together as a couple, but it that was awkward it would be OK to use a separate line for each name. Brenda and Robert are no longer together, so their names would have to be on separate lines.

There are many ways you can word your invitations. You really can find different ways to word the invites. You an look at different websites.

You can say that you and your fiance request the presents..

try this website thats where i foun the way to word my invitations because we are doing everything ourselves.

http://www.invitationconsultants.com/sw-wedding.as...

• Tbby

I think that sounds just fine. And unless you have any step-parents to add, I don't really think you need to point out that your parents are divorced.