some teen reading suggestions?

im looking for some light teen reading, im 14, i like jodi picoults books, the twilight saga, and classics like jane austin or the bronte sisters a lot, but i am pretty much up for anything. does anyone have any ideas for books that i would like that are fairly light (i want to listen to them as audiobooks, and thats really confusing with stuff like shakespear, believe me, i've tried) most of the books i read are at a level above what most of my peers are reading, and i dont want anything too simple. any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

Books/series:

Uglies (Series by Scott Westerfeld)

The Vampire Diaries (series by L J Smith)

The Mortal Instruments (series by Cassandra Clare)

Runemarks (by Joanne Harris) - mythology/action

The Seventh Tower (series by Garth Nix) - fantasy/action

Keys to the Kingdom (series by Garth Nix) - fantasy/action

Tomorrow, when the War Began (series by John Marsden) - Action

The Ellie Chronicles (series by John Marsden set after Tomorrow, when the War Began) - Action

Authors:

Tamora Pierce - fantasy

Dan Brown - Action/suspense

Jodi Picoult - Not sure if you will like these-they are about morals and all the ones I've read are sad

Agatha Cristie - Mystery/suspense

Hope you like some of them

:D

FANTASY A Great and Terrible Beauty Series – Libba Bray Aquamarine –Alice Hoffman Beastly - Alex Flinn Mediator Series – Meg Cabot Sookie Stackhouse Series - Charlaine Harris The Alchemyst Series - Michael Scott The Fetch– Laura Whitcomb The Grand Summer of Spells & Other Tales – Barbara E. Hill The Host – Stephenie Meyer The Mermaid Chair - Sue Monk Kidd The Midnight Twins Series – Jacquelyn Mitchard The Secret of Mermaid Island – Judith Wade Wings – Aprilynne Pike TEEN A Novel Idea – Aimee Friedman Alphas – Lisi Harrison(2010) Breakfast At Bloomingdale's – Kristen Kemp How Not To Be Popular – Jennifer Ziegler L.A. Candy – Lauren Conrad Paisley Hanover Acts Out - Cameron Tuttle Picture Perfect by Catherine Clark Prep: A Novel - Curtis Sittenfeld Princess Diaries – Meg Cabot Secrets of my Hollywood Life – Jen Calonita Snowed In – Rachel Hawthorne Stealing Heaven – Elizabeth Scott Stray – Stacy Goldblatt Summer Intern- Carrie Karasyov Tangled - Carolyn Mackler The Debutante - Kathryn Williams The Market – J.M. Steele TTYL Series – Lauren Myracie Vegan Virgin Valentine - Carolyn Mackler Wish I Might: from the life of Willa Havisham - Coleen Paratore(2010) ROMANCE A Certain Slant of Light - Laura Whitcomb A Countess Below Stairs – Eva Ibotson Boys Series – Meg Cabot Bride Quartet Series – Nora Roberts Darcy's Passion - Regina Jeffers Educating Carolina – Patricia Cabot Just Ella - Margaret Peterson Haddix Peony In Love – Lisa See Perfect Chemistry – Simone Elkeles Something Borrowed - Emily Giffin Snow Flower and the Secret Fan – Lisa See The Luxe Series by Anna Godbersen Where Roses Grow by Patricia Cabot

The series written by Megan Whalen turner is great. They include the newberry honor winning book the thief. The mistborn series, Lord of the rings, Anne of green gables, Hunger games.

I read a series called Percy Jackson and the olympians. They were all very easy quick reads but I really enjoyed them.

I hope you like some of these suggestions. If you want more go to www.teenreads.com

• WhaCK

The Abhorsen Series

Inheritance Cycle

The Chronicles of Narnia (alot of people like this series)

Final Blackout (it's short and it's very nice)

The Hero and the Crown

The Blue Sword (if you like The Hero and the Crown)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (those are pretty nice)

Thief (pretty good book)

The Black Tattoo

These are all the books that got me into reading during middle school.

Hope it helps.

When I was a teenager I loved reading mystery fiction by R.L. Stine or Christopher Pike. I'm not sure if they're still around writing, but if you could find these books in the vault - they're great!

Im reading this good book about this guy in a insane asylum. Its called One who flew over the cuckoo's nest. Good book.

this might be a bit too easy for you but try reading Beastly its my favorite book so far that ive read.... yes ive read the twilight series and i like Beastly better idk y i guess it was touching and it kinda somewhat resembles my life

OMG Bri is cool :D YES please read the uglies series I LOVE IT SO MUCHHHHH :D xx