TRANSMISSION FLUID IN THE RADIATOR?

I left my 1995 Ford Windstar running for a few minutes while I went into a 7-eleven. When I came out, steam was rushing out from under the hood. Water was on the ground.

I drove two blocks and parked it. I let it cool down and looked under the hood. I opened the radiator cap and saw lots of pink fluid. I assume it was trans fluid. What does it mean when trans fluid gets into the radiator?

Favorite Answer

The tanks in the radiator have gone bad. Check the transmission for radiator fluid. If there is any in the transmission, you will have to replace the radiator, flush the engine and transmission.

• The trans fluid does circulate thru tank on one side of radiator and sounds like you have a crack in it letting the fluid get where it should not go . You will need to take ( or have it done ) the radiator out and then take it to a radiator shop . They may be able to replace the tank , but more than likely will need a new one .

The broker provider branch can flush the transmission. that's costly, yet a sparkling transmission is extra costly. this would not contain any airhose, it is composed of pumping warm transmission fluid out and in of the transmission to bathe out adulterants. Tow the vehicle to the broker provider- theymight even tow it as component of the provider order.

Flush the radiator out really well, the cooling system needs to be cleaned out too. I would just unhook the tranny cooler lines from the radiator and install an auxillary trans cooler in its place. It ll save you from having to buy a radiator.

Source(s): ase tech

Forget all the info. above.

The transmission oil cooler that is in the bottom of radiator is leaking. Don't do anything except get to a RADIATOR SHOP and get it fixed.

Well I am pretty sure that Transmission fluid is suppoused to get in there and since steam is coming out i figure to take out all the old fluid and rinse it out with water then add new fluid. And if that doesnt work you need to get a new radiator

the radiator has done one of the tanks,you cn get it rebuilt by any radiator place,but you should also check your transmission to make sure no water has gotten in there,good luck

radiator replace

trans flush

coolant flush

Tron got it right, it's the trans cooler.

Source(s): ase master tech

you need a new radiator.