Under what circumstances (if any), would a medical "professional" and his/her staff treat a client badly?

I pay good money for the services of various medical "professionals." In return, I have been treated with rudeness and disrespect. Is this the "norm" these days? Or, are people just not committed to fulfilling their professional obligations?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Lori
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What type of "medical professionals" and please define "rudeness and disrespect"? Otherwise, your question is to vague and too broad for serious answers.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Medical professionals can be rude and disrespectful because they are under a lot of pressure to hurry through their patients and they don't really have time to listen. It's also true that most doctors aren't really that good with people (you kind of have to detach when you deal with illness and suffering every day). And "bedside manner" has kind of fallen by the wayside. But I think medical professionals are very committed to fulfilling their professional obligations. It's just that nowadays the professional obligations are limited to diagnosing a problem and prescribing a remedy, and doing it quickly. Not actually making you feel good.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If rudeness is your only grievance against the medical establishment, I'd say you're in far better shape than the rest of us. With so many cuts in health srvcs (in Canada), wayyyyy too many people are being deprived of adequate basic care. People are discharged from hospital too soon now, frequently even with post-op infections that require repeated trips to emergency, where docs are so overworked, they often make mistakes, which in return results in still more trips to emergency. In addition, good qualified people throughout the medical establishment have been laid off/fired and replaced with far cheaper and often brazenly unqualified contract workers (usually not Cdn natives). Workers at the lab at a plum new Vancouver hospital can barely speak English. How on earth are they tabulating and interpreting complicated results?

No, if bad manners is your big beef, you're doing just fine.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Often times, we think that others are being rude to us, but we fail to recognize that we too are being rude. In a situation like yours, it is quite possible that you set the tone...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Should not happen..If it happened in a hospital, go to the Head of the dept.

Source(s): worked in a Hospital, and have seen this very thing happen..
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.