Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

I am losing a lot of hair. I am 76 years old. Is my age causing the loss?

Favorite Answer

of course your age can cause hair loss!!

but anyway - as we know - hair loss can be caused by many different reasons! There are many causes of loss of hair such as stress, poor nutrition ,medications, thyroid dysfunctions, illness, fungal infections, hormonal problems, to mention a few.

year ago my husband suffered very much from dandruff and hair loss too and he started trying everything you can imagine to stop his hair loss. the things that really worked for him was:

1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp;

2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation;

3) massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Experts suggest a few minutes of daily head massage by hand. Circulation through massage may be improved by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base with massage;

4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice (you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three);

5) also he used herbal treatment - Provilluss (do not use Rogaine - it can cause unwanted hair growth elsewhere on the body)

It is a good product that helps prevent hair loss and contains Biotin and the clinically tested ingredients approved by the FDA to help re-grow your hair. I think it is very important!

It worked and still works for him!

Source(s): I do not know if any pharmacies carry Provilluss but I do know that you should purchase it directly from the manufacturer and read more about the product here: http://www.provilluss.info It enhances hair growth by blocking DHT (Dihydrotestostrone) - a major cause of hair loss! good luck! not only my husband`s own personal experience + working as a family physician

No.

I discovered my hair loss is caused by walking west on a day when there is a strong west wind.

I also discovered that barbers have been causing my hair follicles to move away from the centre of the top of my scalp.

I have been petitioning the government to repeal the Law of Gravity.

If at your age you are just beginning to loose your hair, it may be a dietary deficiency. Or maybe an Allergy to your shampoo or soap.

I suggest you consult your physician.

Yes.

Are you not showering with any shampoo? lol

no

are you serious

Source(s): common sense