What is a 4-H club? Help?

What is it really? I don't really know what it is..

someone please explain? Thanks so much

Favorite Answer

4-H in the United States is a youth organization administered by the Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service of the United States Department of Agriculture, with the mission of "engaging youth to reach their fullest potential while advancing the field of youth development."[1] The name represents four personal development areas of focus for the organization: head, heart, hands, and health.

Through the program's tie to land-grant institutions of higher education, 4-H academic staff are responsible for advancing the field of youth development.[9] Professional academic staff are committed to innovation, the creation of new knowledge, and the dissemination of new forms of program practice. Youth development research is undertaken in a variety of forms including program evaluation, applied research, and introduction of new programs.

I know most of this because she is a Math teacher and they do $-H stuff at my school. I have even been to 4-H camp. It was sooo fun. I hope that I have helped you out some

Source(s): Wikipedia