Without using their own nuclear weapons, could Israel on its own destroy Iran's suspected nuclear facilities?

Some people doubt that Israel could do this alone.

Now if they used their own nuclear weapons to get the job done, that would be different. But one can only imagine the political and humanitarian problems that would create.

Could Israel, without using nukes, destroy all of Iran's nuclear facilities?

Some doubt they could do this. Others say yes.

What do you think?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

yes, they could destroy the nuclear facilities in Iran without using nuclear weapons.

The biggest problem is getting there since they would have to fly over Iraq coming and going.

This type of action would not be easy and they would suffer casualties and the entire Arab world might rise up in a war against them.

Even though the other Arab nations don't like Iran they would still use this as an excuse to start another war.

• 1 decade ago

Regardless of whether they use conventional or nuclear weapons, the fact that Israel would be forced to attack heavily populated areas due to the placement of Iranian nuclear facilities would create a humanitarian problem, especially given the vast anti-Israeli sentiment expressed worldwide.

Should Israel not worry about such condemnation, they certainly would be capable of destroying such facilities with conventional weapons, though it would not be as easy at it was in 1982 in Iraq. Many of these facilities are heavily fortified and underground, so some equivalent of bunker buster ammunition would be necessary.

• 4 years ago

Israel isn't nuclear armed, and at this point neither is Iran, Yes and they have before during the 1970's using strategic bombing, also the Israeli Intelligence Services (I don't know the official name) is very sophisticated likely capable of hampering research

• T
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Iran has one, maybe two nuclear facilities,,,the Israeli Air Force could take them out after breakfast and be home in time for lunch,,,

It would not be a problem.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nobody knows - because we don't know about all of Iran's nuclear facilities.

• 1 decade ago

They destroy Iraq's nuclear program with no problem. Their future depends on it they have no choice but to succeed.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

They could easily do it. It's only the political ramifications that hold them back.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think they could, they have plenty of U.S. supplied goodies at their disposal

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think that the IDF could easily do this without nukes............

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't think America could do it ,let alone Israel, now they have gone underground.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.