Warren T asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Would the liberals be upset if Iran used its nuclear weapons to destroy Israel?

The only hope Israel has of stopping Iran from getting nuclear weapons and using them on Israel is military action.

The problem is that the Israeli military is probably not big enough to get the job done.

• ?
    Best Answer

Not at all

Every nation that has nuclear weapons knows it can't use them except in retaliation. Whoever uses them first loses, and they all know that. No leader of a nuclear nation can envision a scenario by which he has anything to win by the first use of nukes. That's why nobody's used them since Nagasaki.

EVERY nuclear nation has signed a no-first-use agreement. Except, of course, the US.

If Iran nuked Israel, Iran would very quickly cease to exist. Do you think this is how Ahmadinejad wants to be remembered?

• barry

actually Israel has one of the most modern and best trained armed forces in the world. they also have the 5th most nukes in the world, that's right, there right behind the USA,russia,china,and the UK in the sheer number of its nuclear arsenal and have submarine launch capabilities. a few Israeli jets can ground the iranian air force, and the Israeli armor and ground units can fly in, drive in and go anywhere they want threw sheer speed and firepower/range/accuracy. they have yet to loss any confrintation in the middle east.

liberals don't care about much, they just suspport the little guy and think there doing the right thing.

Q: "Would the liberals be upset if Iran used its nuclear weapons to destroy Israel?"

A: No. American liberals are Jew-hating neo-fascists who would only be upset in that scenario if too many palestinians were collateral casualties of such an attack.

Liberal are more than willing to risks someone else safety I have always wonder how they would vote or say i someone stood next to them with a baseball bat and told them if any one of mine gets hurt this is going up side your head

I am a conservative, and I don't understand our incessant need to protect Israel. We shouldn't be supporting Israel, and if Iran wants to nuke Israel, let Israel fix the problem. We don't need to jump in every time a country threatens another.

Would conservatives be upset if I called them fu<ktards for thinking there is nuclear WEAPONS program in Iran??

*HINT* There is none, and I have my bets that there never will be...

• Paul

One of the stupidest questions i've seen here.

Only a war monger would want to see nukes detonated like the hawks in the Republican party.

iran does not have nuclear weapons, and don't kid yourself, israel has plenty of military capabilities. And your attempt at divisiveness is obvious to even a fifth grader.

That's not going to happen. Israel has nukes of their own. Iran would be getting it in return.

I am left of the center, and I would be very upset. It would start a world war.