Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

I need a really good book to read got any ideas?

I love books and reading do you guys got any ideas?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Dangerous Angels by Francesca Lia Block

The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley

A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K. Hamilton

Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Kindred by Octavia Butler

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde

Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce

The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia McKillip

Dark Prince by Christine Feehan

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Stephen King is always good. Not looking for anything scary? Try Insomnia, that one isn't scary, just really, really good. Another by him (and Peter Straub) is The Talisman. That is possibly the best book I've ever read.

How old are you? In the young adult section there's Riddles of Epsilon by Christine Morton-Shaw, Perfect and Lush by Natasha Friend, Wrecked by E.R Frank, and Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr.

All are good books,

Hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

Shorter Books:

Julie series

Hotel for dogs

A Summer's Duckling

Hank the Cowdog series

Novels:

Gone With the Wind

Giant

The Princess Bride

Hope I helped!!! :]

Source(s): I love to read :]
  • 1 decade ago

One of the Great writers of our time is Elmore Leonard, he has written about 32 books including Get Shorty and others.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It really depends on what you like, but here are some of my favorites:

--Vampire Academy series Richelle Mead- Two years after a horrible incident made them run away, vampire princess Lissa and her guardian-in-training Rose are found and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy, where one focuses on mastering magic, the other on physical training, while both try to avoid the perils of gossip, cliques, gruesome pranks, and sinister plots.

--Poison study and series by Snyder- Yelena, about to be executed, is offered the job of food taster to the Commander of Ixia, but politics and magic keep threatening her life. Has romance, and a strong heroine. (Storm glass and series too!)

--Uglies by Westerfield- Just before their sixteenth birthdays, when they will will be transformed into beauties whose only job is to have a great time, Tally's best friend runs away and Tally must find her and turn her in, or never become pretty at all.

--Graceling by Cashore- In a world where some people are born with extreme and often-feared skills called Graces, Katsa struggles for redemption from her own horrifying Grace, the Grace of killing, and teams up with another young fighter to save their land from a corrupt king. Romance and strong heroine

--Sword of truth series by Goodkind- Wizard’s first rule is the first one. An unearthly adversary descends on an idyllic fantasy world, corrupting magic against good and slaughtering innocents, and only a single man can stop him.

--Hunger games and Catching Fire by Collins- In a future North America, where the rulers of Panem maintain control through an annual televised survival competition pitting young people from each of the twelve districts against one another, sixteen-year-old Katniss's skills are put to the test when she voluntarily takes her younger sister's place.

--Harry Potter by Rowling- Rescued from the outrageous neglect of his aunt and uncle, a young boy with a great destiny proves his worth while attending Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry.

--Eragon by Paolini- In Alagaesia, a fifteen-year-old boy of unknown lineage called Eragon finds a mysterious stone that weaves his life into an intricate tapestry of destiny, magic, and power, peopled with dragons, elves, and monsters.

--Jessica’s guide to dating the dark side by Fantaskey- Seventeen-year-old Jessica, adopted and raised in Pennsylvania, learns that she is descended from a royal line of Romanian vampires and that she is betrothed to a vampire prince, who poses as a foreign exchange student while courting her.

--Evermore by Noel- Since the car accident that claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras and hear people's thoughts, and she goes out of her way to hide from other people until she meets Damen, another psychic teenager who is hiding even more mysteries.

--Marked by PC Cast- Sixteen-year-old Zoey Redbird is Marked as a fledging vampyre and joins the House of Night where she will train to become an adult vampyre.

--Vampire Diaries LJ Smith- the tale of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.

--kissed by an Angel- Elizabeth Chandler

-City of Ember- In the year 241, twelve-year-old Lina trades jobs on Assignment Day to be a Messenger to run to new places in her decaying but beloved city, perhaps even to glimpse Unknown Regions.

--A few I haven’t read yet but heard a lot about: Morganville vampire series, Blue bloods, Wicked lovely, A Great and terrible beauty, Shiver, A Certain slant of light, Den of shadows quartet, Deadly little secrets, Need, Evernight, Blue is for nightmares, Sunshine, Percy Jackson series, Blood and chocolate, City of bones

This is my amazon list, which is how I have found most of my favorites listed above. There are lots and lots of lists, and half of my fun has been surfing and reading book descriptions

http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/listmania/fullvie...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.