Do you believe that the nation of Israel is somehow key in the unfolding of biblical prophecy? If so, how?

How is Israel important in prophecy to you?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yes, Israel came back as a nation in 1948 as a fulfilment of biblical prophecy. That tells us the God of Israel is still at work today as He was in the past in His salvation plan for the whole world. Jesus Himself said Jerusalem would be under the feet of Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles were fulfilled. (Luke 21:24) Indeed, Jerusalem was restored to Israel in 1967, so we are all living in the end times when Jesus is coming back for the church soon.We are the generation who have seen Israel coming back as a nation, and Jesus will come back within our generation - "Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." (Luke 21:28)

Recovering from Spiritual Abuse has a good answer too.

God prophesised in Jeremiah 33:37 "Behold, I will gather them out of ALL countries where I have driven them in My anger, in My fury, and in great wrath; I wil bring them back to this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely." This prophesy was fulfilled in 1948 when Israel came back as a nation.

Already today, there are Jews who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. God's love affair with Israel is not over. Once the church is raptured, Jesus will come back in His second coming together with all the saints, to deliver Israel from all her enemies. (Zechariah 14)

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:

May they prosper who love you.

Peace be within your walls,

Prosperity within your palaces."

Psalm 122:6-7

• Kaci
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yes, indeed! Key, in fact. Jesus gave the signs of the times in Matt 24 & 25. Luke 21 and Mark 13. Jerusalem shall be surrounded by her enemies as we see today. Iran is ready to wipe Israel off the map and is aligned with Russia. The U.S., thanks to the current Godless administration, has turned away from Israel and is currently demanding that Jerusalem be divided and to cease any and all construction on the eastern side of the city.

Ez 38 & 39 describes how Israel shall be attacked by Russia, Iran and other Arab states but God will intervene and wipe out those enemies and preserve Israel.

Daniel 2, 7 and 9 describe more insight into what awaits Jerusalem during the tribulation and the antichrist's role.

Israel became a nation again after two thousand years of roaming the world on May 14, 1948. Jesus said the generation that is alive and witnesses "all these things" coming to fruition, which is us, shall not pass away until all these things come to pass. All the generations alive today is witnessing the current crisis in the middle east and will be alive when the war of Gog and Magog occur except for those who will be raptured prior to the tribulation.

The saddest message of all is the fact ALL nations will turn against Israel when the attacks start which includes the U.S. Israel will be alone but not forsaken due to God's intervention.

We should pray for the peace of Jerusalem!

Source(s): Bible
  • 1 decade ago

No. Israel is as important to the unfolding of biblical prophecy as Norway or New Zeeland or even America for that matter. God established a New Covenant for mankind in Christ Jesus. He now works through His church which can be found in every nation. He doesn't work with one particular nation. God and Israel went through a divorce. (Isa. 50:1; Jeremiah 31:32) God's divorce was finalized in A.D. 70 after Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans and Deuteronomy as spoken of in Deut. 28:49- 56 and Matt. 24:15-26.

The nation of Israel that is existing today is only because of American dollars. Take those away and it would fall. God loves Israelite people just like He loves people of every nation but if anyone refuses to come to Christ they will not be saved.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes...The modern state of Israel has its roots in the land (Eretz Yisrael), a concept central to Judaism for over three thousand years. After World War I, the League of Nations approved the British Mandate of Palestine with the intent of creating a "national home for the Jewish people. In 1947, the United Nations approved the partition of the Mandate of Palestine into two states, one Jewish and one non-Jewish Arab.The Arab League rejected the plan, but on May 14, 1948, the Jewish provisional government declared Israel's independence. The new country's victory in the subsequent Arab-Israeli War expanded the borders of the Jewish state beyond those in the UN Partition Plan.

Isaiah also spoke of a day when the nation would be born in one day. Historically, nations have formed over a period of many years. Most have taken a full generation or a protracted war. This generation saw something extraordinary in 1948. A nation came forth in one day. It was Israel and it came forth just as the prophet said ( ISA 66:7-8)

In Romans chapter 11 Paul said, I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Jerusalem is still the city special to God, from which he seeks to bless all mankind.

God hasn't finished with Isreal

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yes very much so, as Paul writes "That when the number of the gentiles has come in, God will return to the Jewish Nation, that all nations will gather themselves against Israel, but the Lord God Himself will fight for Israel.

They want to do away with Israel, as they were the chosen people whom He delivered out of slavery and gave them the ten commandments so if they can do away with Israel, then they will say where is their God, so I dont believe God will ever let it happen. As God does not break His covenant He made with Abraham.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

More like the unfolding of a bunk land claim falsely based upon a bunch of ancient mythology... kind of like me laying claim to Disney World based upon a couple paragraphs in Alice In Wonderland...

• star
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

yes.

israel will be compassed by enemies.

THAT is the beginning of 7 years of great tribulation on earth.

israel, rather jerusalem is the centre of the drama on the world stage.

every country will turn against her, unfortunately.

• G3
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The book of Zech. will answer all your questions.If you really want to know, read it. If you don't understand it read David Baron's book.

• ?$WAN
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No. Increase the peace!

• 1 decade ago

hell no

Anti-gay atheist rapper -vs- pro-gay atheists. Who will win the debate tonight?

Here's the debate info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU8uRHfi2fU

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.