Yoshi asked in Local BusinessesCanadaToronto · 1 decade ago

Topping off a Rogers pay as you go phone from the US?

My brother lives in Toronto and got laid off and is having a hard time financially. He has a pay as you go cell phone and my mom and I want to top it off for him but we can't seem to be able to do that from the US. She lives in NY and I live in Boston and we've both tried over the phone and online but they won't accept our credit cards, bank cards or bank accounts. I really want to help him out but I don't know what else to try can someone please advise! Thank you.

I did register at Rogers but it won't let me use a US credit card or bank account to top it off.

• fiz
    Best Answer

You can manage the cellphone account online through the 'My Rogers' portal. See: http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true...

If you register your brother's account there (or sign on if he's already registered), you can top up the cell phone remotely. You'll have the option to purchase a voucher in store and then add the PIN code to the account online. Or you could use online banking or credit cards to top up online.

Also, If you post your question in the 'Consumer Electronics > Mobile Phones & Plans' sections, you might get some answers from the experts there.

Hope this helps.

***EDIT: In that case, it may be better if you just transfer the funds to your brother so that he can use the money to top up the phone. If bank accounts are an issue, Western Union is a good alternative.