Are there death sentences in the US?

i live in canada, i no there's no death sentence here, but are there in the US?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Emma
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

All of the following States have capitol punishment as a sentence.

Alabama

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Illinois

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maryland

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

North Carolina

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon Pennsylvania

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Virginia

Washington

Wyoming

• Login to reply the answers
  • algaba
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i think of I see your factor. In a fashion it does seem hypocritical that squaddies can come to a determination who needs to die and who would not and the common citizen could face the death penalty for that. yet it particularly is why we've a knowledgeable militia. they're meant to have the means to discriminate between who poses a hazard and who would not. i think of you're searching for for the answer somewhat backwards regardless of the shown fact that. How on the subject of the death penalty for baby molesters and harsher outcomes for different crimes. Rehabilitation is a captivating concept, yet the place is the cut back? how many situations does somebody could get caught hurting little youngsters earlier we get the factor that it particularly is not something which could be fixed?

• 1 decade ago

Yes. In fact, America is the only country from the Western world that still administers the death penalty. In Europe and elsewhere it is considered inhumane, and too risky considering the possibility of a false conviction being overturned by new evidence.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. Here in Canada whenever they have a referendum on the death sentence, the majority vote in favour of it but the stupid politicians don't do what their electors want. They use their own personal ideas and do not bring it into effect. I wish we had it here to empty out some of the garbage in our jails and reduce the load on the taxpayer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Teekno
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Most states have the death penalty, along with the federal government. Some states have abolished the death penalty for state crimes.

• 1 decade ago

Most states do have Capital Punishment, and have used it in the last 30 years.

• Stuart
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes, there are. A number of states apply the death penalty as punishment for murder.

Sort of "you kill, we kill you back".

- Stuart

• 1 decade ago

There are. Mostly in Texas. It doesn't amount to much in real life but keeps people stirred up and costs about 10 times as much money to continue than it would to put people in prison for life.

• 1 decade ago

Yes. And yet, I STILL don't understand why the swab you with alcohol before a lethal injection??

• jem
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

yes specially in Texas

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.