What good books should I read?

I just started actually reading for entertainment and it is a new born hobby for me now! Im going to read the second book or the series Vampire diaries, i enjoyed battle royale, marley and me, and am reding the harry potter series. I want to get a few stephen king books nd am debating on reding the twilight series and also lord of the flies. Any other book suggestions?

• Best Answer

13 little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson --that was a very good book

Holes by Louis Sachar --that was also a good book. I read the book before the movie came out.

Secret life of the Bees by Sue Monk Kidd --that I read way before the movie came out. very good book

The Blue Mirror by Kathe Koja----I skipped gym class in high school to finish this one =)

Hate You by Graham McNamee-----I skipped gym class again to finish this one

Med Center by Diane Hoh----this is a very addicting series.

The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett---I watched that movie so many times as a little girl, but the book was just as addicting. I loved it

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks-----I cried so hard while reading this. I personally hate the movie. They changed some things that just contradicted things in the book

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton ---this may have been on a school's reading list you have had or may have....but it's one of my favorite books to read

Waiting for Sarah by Bruce McBay-----also a very good book

A Well-Timed Enchantment by Vivian Vande Velde-----I happen to love a lot of her books. Such as Companions of the Night---my all time favorite book.

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell ---It's a classic =)

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte ----Also a very good classic

Midnighters by Scott Westerfeld --that's a good series

Uglies by scott westerfeld ---another good series

All American girl by Meg Cabot---I loved this book so much, I took it with me to a school assembly. I didn’t care if I got stares =p

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber---I love this series =)

Lord of the Flies by William Golding----It was a 10th grade school book (So was Wuthering Heights and The Outsiders) but I loved the book.

The Stand by Stephen King---Very good book

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald---I read this fairly quickly. I loved it.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen----Another classic

=)

Happie reading

Source(s): my 2nd personality

Yeah, I read Cirque Du Freak (sp?) a few years ago and it's coming out into a movie in about a month or so. I read the Twilight series and I thought they were good, but people are making WAY too big a deal over them. Here are my absolute favorite books:

1. The Face on the Milk Carton (The first of a series, the 2nd book is Whatever Happened to Janie, then The Voice on the Radio, then What Janie Found

2. So B. It, A really sad book, but it's a really fast read

3. Steal Away Home, I really really liked this book, there's a second one after it and I read that, but I forgot the name of it.

4. Running Out of Time, Definitely loved this book! It's really good and also not that long.

5. Watching Alice. There are three books and the first one is Break the Surface, second is Walk on Water and I don't know what the 3rd is. These are all written by Daniel Parker and Lee Miller.

6. I really liked A Child Called It and all of those books. Although it's not really one of my real favorites, but it was good.

All of those are my absolute favorite books except for A Child Called It, but it's still really good. Goosebumps are ok, though, too. Oh, I also really liked Among the Hidden, although I read that about 2 or 3 years ago. I was just at the library yesterday and saw the book, it's a series, and I saw the other books in the series, too and I was really tempted to check it out, but I didn't, although I will next time. :)

I've read the first Twilight because my mom's friend gave it to me for Christmas and I hated it, but if you're a preteen girl who drools over vampire guys you might like it. I think you should broaden your horizon. Try reading some classic books that were written originally back in like the 18th or 19th century. Based on some of the books you've read I don't know if you'd truly like Stephen King maybe try some less horror type books and ease into that. I suggest books like Les Miserables, Hunch Back Of Notre Dame(and not the shitty disney version the book is pretty dramatic and entertaining) both those books were written by Victor Hugo(my favorite author). And more recent books I recommend are books written by Malcolm Gladwell such as Blink, and The Outliers both are interesting and about different forms of thinking and reactions. For more humorous books I recommend Steven Colbert's I Am America and So Can You book. Its a bit random but very funny. If you're into plays then I recommend reading Hamlet or one of my favorites Antony and Cleopatra (both written by Shakespeare).

Oh and I've read the lord of the flies and its pretty interesting but not outstanding

a number of those are from woman perspectives, some could be somewhat "girly lady" on your liking yet others could be ok. i've got left the two form on and you could come to a determination. Meryll of the Stone (Brian Caswell) Picnic at putting Rock (Joan Lindsay) Stranger with my face (Lois Duncan) playing Beattie Bow (Ruth Parks) My Sister Sif (Ruth Parks) Hitch hikers instruction manual to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) Holes (Louis Sachar) Lord of the jewellery / The Hobbit Eragorn trilogy Narnia The Golden Compass Interview with a Vampire (Anne Rice) Requiem for a Princess (Ruth M Arthur) finding for Alibrandi (Melina Marchetta) Angels Gate (Gary team) Sisterhood of the vacationing Pants Pelican's Creek (Maureen Pople) The Diary of Anne Frank To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) The Shiralee (Dárcy Niland) Into the Wild (John Krakauer) Chocolat (Joanne Harris) Harp in the South; undesirable guy's Orange; Missus (Trilogy by Ruth Parks) the place the middle is (Billie Letts) My place (Sally Morgan) Little females (Louisa would Alcott) Rebecca (Daphne De Maurier) the three Muskateers (Alexandre Dumas) something by the Bronte sisters or Jane Austen regardless of you do don’t run The December Boys (Robert Noonan)

Archimedes to Hawking: Laws of Science and the Great Minds Behind Them

Mortal Instruments

Crash into Me

Perfect Chemistry

Venomous

DIana Wynne Jones

Jane Austen

_Jane Eyre_

Lloyd Alexaner

Joan Aiken

Ursula Le Guin

_Alice in Wonderland_

Ask a librarian or someone who works in a bookstore - they love reading and will love hooking you up.

if you like vampire books you'll like

cirque du freak by darren shan i could honestly not put it down.

you might also wanna read catcher in the rye, one million little pieces, the outsiders. etc..

--Vampire Academy series Richelle Mead- Two years after a horrible incident made them run away, vampire princess Lissa and her guardian-in-training Rose are found and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy, where one focuses on mastering magic, the other on physical training, while both try to avoid the perils of gossip, cliques, gruesome pranks, and sinister plots.

--Poison study and series by Snyder- Yelena, about to be executed, is offered the job of food taster to the Commander of Ixia, but politics and magic keep threatening her life. Has romance, and a strong heroine. (Storm glass and series too!)

--Uglies by Westerfield- Just before their sixteenth birthdays, when they will will be transformed into beauties whose only job is to have a great time, Tally's best friend runs away and Tally must find her and turn her in, or never become pretty at all.

--Graceling by Cashore- In a world where some people are born with extreme and often-feared skills called Graces, Katsa struggles for redemption from her own horrifying Grace, the Grace of killing, and teams up with another young fighter to save their land from a corrupt king. Romance and strong heroine

--Sword of truth series by Goodkind- Wizard’s first rule is the first one. An unearthly adversary descends on an idyllic fantasy world, corrupting magic against good and slaughtering innocents, and only a single man can stop him.

--Hunger games and Catching Fire by Collins- In a future North America, where the rulers of Panem maintain control through an annual televised survival competition pitting young people from each of the twelve districts against one another, sixteen-year-old Katniss's skills are put to the test when she voluntarily takes her younger sister's place.

--Eragon by Paolini- In Alagaesia, a fifteen-year-old boy of unknown lineage called Eragon finds a mysterious stone that weaves his life into an intricate tapestry of destiny, magic, and power, peopled with dragons, elves, and monsters.

--Jessica’s guide to dating the dark side by Fantaskey- Seventeen-year-old Jessica, adopted and raised in Pennsylvania, learns that she is descended from a royal line of Romanian vampires and that she is betrothed to a vampire prince, who poses as a foreign exchange student while courting her.

--Evermore by Noel- Since the car accident that claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras and hear people's thoughts, and she goes out of her way to hide from other people until she meets Damen, another psychic teenager who is hiding even more mysteries.

--Marked by PC Cast- Sixteen-year-old Zoey Redbird is Marked as a fledging vampyre and joins the House of Night where she will train to become an adult vampyre.

--kissed by an Angel- Elizabeth Chandler

-City of Ember- In the year 241, twelve-year-old Lina trades jobs on Assignment Day to be a Messenger to run to new places in her decaying but beloved city, perhaps even to glimpse Unknown Regions.

--A few I haven’t read yet but heard a lot about: Morganville vampire series, Blue bloods, Wicked lovely, A Great and terrible beauty, Shiver, A Certain slant of light, Den of shadows quartet, Deadly little secrets, Need, Evernight, Blue is for nightmares, Sunshine, Percy Jackson series, Blood and chocolate, City of bones

This is my amazon list, which is how I have found most of my favorites listed above. There are lots and lots of lists, and half of my fun has been surfing and reading book descriptions

http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/listmania/fullvie...

The Lord of the Rings are my favorites. Try em out. They are kinda long but they're worth it. :)