Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Massachusetts senator election... registering and candidates?

This may be a stupid question, but the Presidential election was the first time I was old enough to vote so I don't have tons of experience in this area. I registered for that obviously, but I live in Massachusetts and I wasn't sure if I had to register to vote for the special elections they're holding to fill Ted Kennedy's senate seat?

Also, I really don't know much about the candidates running, and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions/information as I start my research on them?

• Paul
    Favorite Answer

Go to the League of Women's voters and they will inform you on the candidates and the issues

For over 45 years, the League of Women Voters of Massachusetts enjoyed working with Senator Edward M. Kennedy on issues ranging from civil rights and education to health care for all citizens.

It is with joy we remember those years and sadness that we mourn his death. The LWVMA extends our sincere condolences to the Kennedy family and shares with the citizens of Massachusetts the loss of our great statesman.

SAVE-THE-DATE -- Tuesday, October 6, 2009 -- MASSACHUSETTS COALITION FOR CHOICE LOBBY DAY

Join the LWVMA and our Reproductive Rights Specialist Betsy Dunn at the State House from 10am - Noon in the Great Hall to take action in support of Reproductive Rights. Stay tuned for more details

Eliminate Yeast Infection Fast - http://yeastcured.uzaev.com/?Wnky