Ad-aware detected this. I removed it and now it's back...
What does this virus do specifically? does it hijack your personal information? or is it only to screw your computer up?
What viruses are the ones that steal passwords and your keystrokes? Please help.
- ilknur KLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
Restart You computer Safe Mode with Networking:
1. Log out and reboot your machine.
2. When the machine starts the reboot sequence, press the F8 key repeatedly.
3. Select Safe Mode with Networking from the resulting menu.
4. Login. If the malware has changed your password, try logging in as Administrator. By default, Administrator has no password.
5. The machine will continue booting, but the Windows desktop will look different.
Then in The Safe With Networking .Download and Scan By Using Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/...
Download and Scan By Using Super Anti-Spyware Press here http://www.superantispyware.com/
Download and Scan By using Norman Malware Cleaner Press here http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=5450&file...
Download ATF is a new, freeware, temporary file cleaner for Windows, IE, Firefox and Opera with a simple, easy-to-use interface.
The main screen allows the user to either clean all temporary files, or select files for cleaning. The program also knows if Firefox and or Opera is being used, and gives the option of cleaning the temporary files associated with those applications.
ATF Cleaner provides the user with a window showing the total bytes freed upon completion. The program is small (36kb), quick to run and no installation required. to Download ATF Cleaner press this link http://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html
6. When you're finished Remove Virus log out and reboot back into normal mode
- 1 decade ago
1. do a system restore 2 days before you noticed the problem.
2.If 1 does not help run malwarebytes
3. if 2 does not help or you can not install malwarebytes because of the virus run unhackme
With unhackme after the scan it will come up with files that are suspicious and its up to you to click remove or keep. go on internet and type " what is " the name of the file in question" ". and if the internet says its a virus click get rid of. I use unhackme all the time and it has helped 99% of the time.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Basically viruses can interrupt your processing operations and it can be harmful for hard disks and windows program files.so its important to install virus removal software.
- Elmer FudLv 61 decade ago
instructions to remove are at above link