Guy asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What should I be eating to stay healthy in nutrition to grow in height?

I am 14 and 5 ft 6. I heard drinking milk makes you taller, but I know that it only makes the bones stronger. Every day I have at least 1 egg sandwich, and tons of veggies. For lunch it is usually bread with eggs or something else. I also eat a lot of chicken/fish which has protein. I do not eat a lot of junk food, only eat it like twice a week. I also exercise a lot in gym and at home. What should I be eating to grow taller and beat the height of my parents.

Favorite Answer

Hi,

Firstly, to my knowledge no research has been done on making people taller with good nutrition, although people who eat healthy without consuming stimulant drinks or excess carbs grow as strong and as tall as their genes will allow them to grow. Also, becoming diseased from poor nutrition early in life will definitely hamper your strength and final height.

Secondly, after reading your question I saw you were interested in optimizing your nutrition [(-:] so even though I may not be able to answer your question exactly as you may have wanted it answered, I thought I would take the time to pass on some pointers I have learned the hard way from my own bad 'uninformed' choices, so you could learn about good advice and bad advice about good nutritional choices.

I am always impressed that there is oftentimes some good advice and good links from people helping others through Yahoo_Answers.

After having many bad health problems from listening to people who knew very little about the consequences of choosing LOW nutritional statistics, I really-really encourage you to learn from good nutritionists what to eat for a life time. [See below]

My best to you and to your future health,

A1

Source(s):

I have learned what I now know after my own lengthy research efforts to improve my health - after ‘FINALLY’ listening to unbiased researching nutritionists. I have shared extensively concerning the most critical nutritional statistics that are common to us all at: <> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ap_lY...

<>

Also, after all my previous health problems due to following a-lot of bad advice, I can now understand the frustrations of other health researchers in the following quote within “The China Study” by T Colin Campbell pg 1: >>==>

“Even though information and opinions are plentiful, very few people truly know what they should be doing to improve their health.”

“This isn’t because the research hasn’t been done. It has. But the real science has been buried beneath a clutter of irrelevant or even harmful information – junk science, fad diets and food industry propaganda.”

“The China Study” by T Colin Campbell pg 1

* ADVICE FOR HEIGHT__

Good intake of calcium daily as found in various foodstuffs like tonned milk, banana, ragi, nachni, yogurt, my favourite nachos with cheese..

a best way i cud advice is to have milk shakes(chocolate, coffee flavoure) 2-3 times a day as an replacement for tea, coffee is a good alternative...

Good sleep aftr exercises helps ur bones to relax and expand.. Atlest 8hrs good sleep at night...

Remember food without exercises or exercises without food wont help you much.

Also there are genetics n familial relationships related to height.. i.e if either ur parents are short heighted or either ur brother , sister.. than there are little chances for increase in height...BUT keep a positive attitude follow the daily regimen of food n exercises.If you goin to gym regularly, i wud advice not to perform any weight lifting exercises... stritctly NO..

Herbal Solutions:

Being a medical student myself, the best advice i wud like to give is " herbal remedies"

These herbal growth remedies are found to be the permanent cure of short height. The herbal product can be bought from http://www.howtogrowtallerfast.net

The herbal product have a certain procedure for treating the short height. The herbs correct the chemical as well as hormonal imbalances which is the actual cause of the short height. These imbalances lead to the persistent short height and posture. The best thing about super-growth is that it is effective even after puberty.

i hope i have given the best advice to u... Hoping u mark this as best answer in the options given... take care frnd

Share the knowledge to othrs too if possible...

You are doing a fantastic job with the foods you are eating right now! Keep up the good work. Height to an extent is predetermined by genetic factors, and not by diet alone. The important thing to remember here is that by maintaining a healthy diet (as you are), you are ensuring (and insuring) your body to be in its' best condition.

get lot s of sleep and keep up the eating habits. Lots of sleep like 9 8 hours and youl be yao mink in no time