Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Are Republicans losing their confidence in Sarah Palin?

Two candidates for office rejected Sarah Palin's offer to campaign for them despite her book having record sales. Is Sarah Palin just a celebrity or does she have a chance politically?

• Sidney
    Favorite Answer

The sensible Republicans knew she was wacky some time back. What does she have to do to prove it to the extreme right. She already had a witch doctor pray for her, and she looks forward to Armageddon and rapturing up in the sky while all us normal people die horrible deaths. It would be pretty silly to vote for her knowing her plans for us. She stirred up the extremists by lying about President Obama. She asked Alaskans to pray for a pipeline, said that they should be right with God, and called Iraq a task from God. Sounds as if she's never heard of separation of church and state. She supports Alaskan secessionists as well. It would be very dangerous to have a president with such views. She also couldn't name a magazine or newspaper she had read, and she said some other amazingly dumb things. Did she never hear of any newspapers or magazines she could lie about and thereby pretend that she could actually read? How could she write a sensible book when it is in the realm of possibility that she has never even read one. My guess is that her backers are doing what they have done before to promote right wing book sales, which is buying them in bulk and distributing them to bookstores. I can't imagine anyone wanting to read what that knucklehead says and actually paying to do it. If they did run her for office, it would probably be a good thing, because she can't possibly win unless the public dumbs down considerably before the next election.

I can agree with some of the previous answers that say the "smart Intelligent Republicans" (If one exists) never had confidence in Sarah Palin but then how do they justify ever having confidence in anyone who somehow through his misguided believes thought people were voting for Barrack Obama because he was a minority and then thinking they could tip the scales chooses Palin for a running mate. I think that is a little more than just being out of touch with people and society (still a big problem with the Republican Party), they are also off if they had faith in ummhhmm whats his name McCain.

• Deb M

I never could understand the support for Palin. She is an extremist who thinks the war in Iraq is a Holy war...she said that when her son was deployed. Palin is only interested in money. Everything she has accused other of, she has done. Her death panel theory occurred in Alaska. She never finished her term as governor...would she finish a campaign?

With the exception of a small number of Palinites, most Republicans abandoned her at 10:00 pm Nov 4, 2008.

My, my, my, with extra people turning to Conservative values, as they now start to truly witness the failures of the great debt spending rules by ability of Obama and the Dems and at the instant are relatively thinking the disguise memories of hype and incorrect information that the adoring, lefty, bias MSM has produced in help of their not so vetted popular dude, we are lower back witnessing the great lefty media marketing campaign of distraction from the actual subjects dealing with the yank people. instead of the MSM and the Swamp asking "the place are those 3.5 million jobs, Mr. Prez.?" or "why all the broken marketing campaign supplies, Mr. Prez.?" or "how could you even evaluate raising taxes on the middle type, Mr. Prez. once you have been so adamant on your repeated mantra that this would not take place?" not one of the above, instead we've yet another Palin bashing. properly, i will inform you what the subsequent fish run will seem as though; the ineffective fish Dems. of this Congress, with their 3 AM non-examine, spend and tax, legislations mockery, being tossed overboard by ability of a Conservative balloting backlash in 2010. adequate stated. recover from Palin she isn't working for something!

I'll let you in on a little secret; true conservatives (like me), who don't subscribe to the irrational, anti-intellectual, book-banning nonsense that that woman does, never, EVER had confidence in her.

Not to say I didn't agree with her on some points. It'll be a good day when the Republican masses reject all this ***** that neoconservatives spew. The only thing I don't like more than neocons parading themselves as conservatives are socially conscious far-left quasi-socialists parading themselves around as run-of-the-mill Democrats.

Many of us never had confidence in Sarah Palin

Only the Republicans with room temperature IQs ever had confidence in Palin.

Palin's popularity is prime evidence of the Republican's struggle to find someone to lead their party. Meanwhile, their party is falling apart as their base goes to the center.

Any thumbs down I receive on this answer are admitting how low their IQ is.

I sure hope not, Sarah Palin for Democrats is the gift that keep on giving.

• Bob H

Palin's out; Michelle Malkin's in. Time for a little sanity. This is me with a straight face.