Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

"If Utley gets on you are going to see Jonathan Broxton?"?

Buck Martinez......are you on crack? Closer or not, they aren't going to take out the lefty to bring in a righty.

Howard vs. lefties .207

Howard vs. righties .320

Pure stupidity......one of the worst games I have ever heard called. Harry K must be turning in his grave.

Favorite Answer

Okay sorry I'm alittle late to this question and even though I know the outcome I will answer anyway..

Lucky for me I was at the game and didn't have to hear the drivel that was coming from the TBS announcers.Buck Martinez had a whopping record of 100-115 managing in two seasons in the Bigs and nobody has called him back.Believe it or not he was an even worse ball player..VERY rarely do I like any former players in the booth..I DID like Tim McCarver at one point in his career but he has become a cartoon of himself. I believe Whitey Ashburn and Harry the K are rolling in their graves now,not because of the ineptitude of TBS but these announcers make Chris Wheeler look like a Hall of famer..Yikes.

Of course you don't pull Sherrill and bring in a fastball pitcher to face Ryan Howard(A notorious dead fast ball hitter)..Howards achilles heel is the low breaking ball from a lefty and this did him in.

Lets win it for Harry!!!

PS.I got your email,did you get mine?It was having trouble going through.