Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Who are some good saints?

I am doing a project on a saint and I cannot find a good saint. Can you help me! please! (Just name saints and what they did)

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Clusium gave a good answer. My favorites are St. Seraphim of Sarov and St. John of Kronsteadt, who together were so holy that it is considered that their prayers put off the fall of the Imperial (Christian) government in Russia to the (atheist) communist government for 100 years. St. Isaac the Syrian has written THE comprehensive guide for ascetical monastic life---or ascetical life for anyone who practices it. St. Theofan the Recluse wrote a beautiful book on prayer, based on his own practice. St. Anthony the Great began monastic life in the Egyptian desert. St. Pachomius the Great heard the prayers of the angels and gave us the form of worshipful prayers based on that. St. Mary of Egypt is the absolute icon of repentance in Christianity. St. Job is the absolute icon of patient endurance in all affliction. St. John Chrysostom is called the "The Golden Mouthed," because of the eloquence of his sermons. St. Effimia clarified the correct teachings about Christ and his Church for the bishops and hierarchs of the day who couldn't figure it out, even after she died. St. Spyridon of Trimithon was elevated to the rank of bishop from simple shepherd in the matter of 5 days, at the request of the faithful who knew of his sanctity in Christ, and then clarified the nature of the Holy Trinity for the council of elders and bishops who were educated, but having a hard time explaining the Trinity. St. Patrick of Ireland went back to the land of his captors to share Christianity with them. St. Columba of Iona built monasteries all through Gaul. St. Katherine the Great Martyr of Alexandria out argued 200 of the most learned, educated and wise men of her father's kingdom, and she along with them received martyrs crowns for remaining faithful to Christianity. The Holy 40 Martyrs of Sebastia preferred to freeze to death in a lake than to renounce God for the sake of a warm steam bath..except one who did opt for the warm steam bath...and then one person who saw that lost martyric crown decided to jump into the lake and get that lost crown for himself. Sts. Irene, Raphael and Nicholas (not St. Nicholas of Bara in Italy, who is the historical basis of Santa Claus), were literally put into a huge skillet with oil...and killed that way..and then there's St. Nicholas, who gave so freely to prevent a man having to sell his daughters into prostitution... There's St. John Maximovitch, who is the first Saint whose relics are intact and on American soil, visible to all disbelievers..in San Fran. There are Sts. Anna and Joachim, the grandparents of God... St. Elizabeth Feodorovna, who gave up her royal crown to live as a nun, financed most of the building of Churches and Convents in the Holy Land, and tore strips of her dress to make bandages for the rest of the others thrown down a mine shaft to die with her, as they sang funeral songs for themselves... And there's the last royal family in Russia who were killed because they represented the hope that that country could one day return to tis Christian way of life and government. St. Paisius Velichkovsky renewed the prayer life of the Holy Mountain in monasteries in Moldavia. The Optina Monastery in eastern Russian produced some of the most renowned spiritual elders and Saints of all time--humble pious men who lived and breathed prayer and humility. And then there is St. Herman of Alaska, an 18th century missionary to America from Russia, who, because of his extreme peacefulness of life, was able to teach and convert thousands of Alaskan natives and Indians to Orthodox Christianity. St. Innokenty did likewise, and St. Juvenaly was one of the first martyrs on American soil. There's a start for you. Good question.

• 5 years ago

The Saints Are Coming

• 1 decade ago

Mary, Mother Of God.

St. Joseph.

St. John the Baptist.

St. Peter the Apostle.

St. Michael the Archangel.

St. Agnes.

St. Cecilia.

St. Catherine of Alexandria.

St. Joan of Arc.

St. Francis of Assisi.

St. Maria Goretti.

St. Maximilian Kolbe.

Also, the Holy men & women in the Old Testament are Saints too.

Eg: Abraham, Moses, & Elijah.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Catholic saints are holy people and human people who lived extraordinary lives.

Each saint the Church honors responded to God's invitation to use his or her unique gifts.

I don''t know how you could choose one when they all are good

God calls each one of us to be a saint.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I know little bit about jain religious saints (India), they dont wear dress & wont kill any living things & they never use scissor to cut their hair but use their own hands to pick

try google to know more

• mimjoy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I hope all are good saint mean s sanctified by Jesus.

• 1 decade ago

This saint is good

Gregor Mendel

he is father of gentics

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

None.

Romans 3:23-24 (New International Version)

23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you really follow Christ then YOU are a saint.

Man CAN NOT make you a saint..

So, what have you done today ??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.