Does Government Health Care = Loss of Freedom?

I find it very interesting that there is a segment of our population that thinks it is okay to allow a government to provide health care for them knowing full well that the Government has to by force if need be, take the money from some one else to pay for it.

The Government while it can print all the money it wants, it's only source of income is to pass laws that forces "WE the PEOPLE" to pay TAXES. If we don't pay the TAXES, the Government will use MEN WITH GUNS to FORCE "We the PEOPLE" to pay the TAXES. Your Health Care will be paid with TAXES collected by the TREAT of MEN WITH GUNS.

If it takes MEN WITH GUN to pay for your Health Care, how is that FREEDOM?

You are giving up your FREEDOM for Health Care. It's Tyranny.

"Answer this, in a land of the free and a home of the brave don't you think we all deserve a choice? If you don't like the option, do not participate in it."

Yes. As long as your choice doesn't require me to pay for you.

Dee - You are incorrect. Go back a find out how Government income was generated at our founding. There was no income tax.

Mateo - With all due respect, your entire country has a smaller population than the state of California.

Favorite Answer

It seems as though the left is never happy with how much of a hand they have in our lives, so ultimately, they will have so much of a hand in our lives they'll just decide to take ours.

• MattH

I live in Alberta. It's a province that is perhaps more conservatively run than most States save for Texas.

We have some of the lowest provincial (state) taxes in North America, and according to several think tanks based in Canada and the United States, the most Economic Freedom of anywhere in North America.

We also have universal health care. And guess what? We still pay some of the lowest taxes.

I waited in line today for 20 minutes to get an H1N1 vaccine and a seasonal flu shot, free of charge. My asthma medication is covered by the Province 80% and my insurance the additional 20%.

So... chances are I pay less taxes than you do in the US... and I have affordable University education and health care.

So tell me again, am I free? Or am I simply under the illusion that I'm free? Does the fact that I have the highest level of economic freedom acceptable given my Province's situation?

I should also add, Alberta is completely debt free as well.

If we can do it.... your State can definitley do it.

The tax benefit has nothing to do with the employer. It won't matter to them and they will have no reason to switch. It is the employee who gets a tax benefit.. right now their health insurance that is paid for by their employer is not considered part of their salary and is not taxed. But for those who pay for their own insurance, it comes out of pocket, after taxes (unless they spend more than 7% of their salary on healthcare, then the part over the 7% is deductible. So you won't increase your employers taxes at all. As far as "freedom" goes, we already don't have it with the insurance companies who dictate what is and is not covered. some idiot in an office decided that, although they would cover my husbands brain surgery, the anesthesia wasn't covered. And it was considered a "good" insurance plan. You guys need to get a grip.

1. Right now we are overcharged by insurance companies

2. Everybody is covered right now in a sense that nobody without insurance gets turned away from an emergency room. The cost gets passed on to those of us who are insured.

3. "Government run health care" will be paid by our premiums NOT taxes as been widely reported by FOX news and other propogandist media sources, in all probability those fees will be less than what the insured pay now.

4. Insurance companies ONLY COLLECT OUR MONEY, they do not provide any medical treatments. They short our services, deny claims, cancel for a number of ludicrous reasons, all to make a buck. They are the REAL death panel. 45,000 Americans die every year from lack of coverage, while their CEOs make BILLIONS in compensation packages and bonuses

5. 76% of all Americans, most doctors and nurses, teachers and unions support Single payer/Public option.

Source(s): Answer this, in a land of the free and a home of the brave don't you think we all deserve a choice? If you don't like the option, do not participate in it.

You need to step away from the Ron Paul Kookaide and try to gain a more in depth understanding of the health care problem, the problem with the banking system and economics in general.

It is a law that you carry car insurance but how many MEN WITH GUNS have you seen surround your house after you refuse to insure your 1982 Ford F150 with the Ron Paul sign taped to the back window?

I think that Randy Weaver is getting lonely on the mountain out west. You guys could get together and saw off some more shotgun barrells and wait for the MEN WITH GUNS to show up.

Being concerned in an intelligent way and informing yourself of real problems is a plus but joining the lunatic fringe over Blue Cross's right to steal my money is another matter.

• Dee

I see what you're getting at, but technically that would be true for all taxes period. Our country was founded under a taxation system. We were never free from taxes to begin with. You can't lose that which was never yours.

Source(s): Yes it was ... Directly after the revolution there was no tax system and the nation was falling apart so they instituted a tax system. They taxed goods, but it wasn't a direct tax of income. It was Adams that instituted the 1st "Direct Tax".
  • Thalia

Yes, health care will become compulsory, and if you don't have any you can be fined and sent to jail.

I guess that means all the homeless people will be removed from the streets and shipped off to jail. I can't imagine any of them being able to afford it.

... probably students too, since students never have much money.

Paying less for health care and having much easier access to it is such a loss of freedom huh. Oh the horror

How often have MEN WITH GUNS FORCED YOU to pay taxes?

If it is, then so is every other tax-funded government program, including the military and all law enforcement.

You're criticizing one government program for something that is inherently true of all government programs. In other words, you're not specifically opposed to this program; you're opposed to the very idea of government programs of all types.