help plz need something to clean up old files and folders?

Favorite Answer
  • Bert H

Since not all files and folders are shown in Control Panel > Uninstall Programs, I use Windows Explorer to check all files in Folders I do not recognize and right-click 'em > Delete.

This method provides a lot of knowledge about how your HDD is structured and the 'path' hierarchies. (Path means 'where is what' i.e., C:\Program Files\My Games\Oogabooga

Above example shows you the Oogabooga is in the 'My Games' folder, and that 'My Games is under the Program Files' folder. It is on C:\ drive.

C:\ means 'on drive C:' (your hard drive, normally), The : (colon) is an old left-over from DOS (Disk Operating System, before Windows) depicting a drive, the ( \ ) backslash is a method of showing directories (folders).

So now if you are ever asked for the path of your photos (pictures), you can look brilliant and do it.

;-)

Source(s): Techie.
  • amy.

What do you mean? You need to sort out your files on your computer? If so then you can do what I did, spend a couple of hours looking through all of your folders, and sorting out all the junk. Ask yourself if you really need to keep certain files, and then delete ones you think aren't too important. If it seems like most of your files are important, but you just want to sort them out, then you can put folders into folders, just to make your computer seem more 'sorted out'. Hope this helps!

Help please is simply one of those topics that sports vital distinction, and that necessitates trained watching over regarding