About citizens of US territories being given the right to vote?

Are there any groups or organizations supporting this?

Are there any political parties overwhelmingly in favor of or opposed to this? Why?

I need to know for a research paper I'm writing, and I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

Rambo and zzz... That has nothing to do with what I asked at all.

That's not what I asked, Mark, but at least you seem to know what I'm talking about unlike the other two. Could you read my question again?

Favorite Answer

Yeah why not...BOZO needs more votes...he is allowing ILLEGALS to vote and will give them amnesty next year and is allowing a 22 year ban on AIDS people to come in...so why not?

God...it is sickening the way he manipulates people and they go for it. People are so greedy and have no morals and can be bought. Like we can afford health care for AMERICANS let alone MILLIONS And MILLIONS MORE!

• Thalia

It would barely be a drop in the bucket if they did. The US territories have very small populations.

Most are just tiny island groups with a few thousand people like Western Samoa, Mariana Islands, Guam and the Virgin Islands.

Puerto Rico with around 4 million people is the only large one.

• mark

They should be given the right to vote along with obtaining the obligation for taxatation. Otherwise, no voting rights

The fundimental reason for the US breaking away from England was Taxation without representation. To do the same thing to the US Territories would run contrary to the tenets of our existence as a country.

Obama is.

Source(s): Obama said in his book 'Audacity of Hope', “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction what better place for the Muslins to control our country, than in the office of the President of USA.”