Anyone on th eLeft worried about this?

The Obama administration asking for IP addresses, social security numbers, credit card info, bank account info, etc... for anyone visiting an online leftist news media site.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/09/taking_lib...

And we were worried about the Bush administration spying on people?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Obama is not the king. Everything the government does is not overseen by him personally. Bush was not a king either, but he WAS personally involved in changing rules and regulations to violate our personal rights and freedoms.

Source(s): my cranial unit
  • 1 decade ago

From the article:

"This is not, however, the first time that the Feds have focused on Indymedia -- a Web site whose authors sometimes blur the line between journalism, advocacy, and on-the-streets activism. In 2004, the Justice Department sent a grand jury subpoena asking for information about who posted lists of Republican delegates while urging they be given an unwelcome reception at the party's convention in New York City that year. A Indymedia hosting service in Texas once received a subpoena asking for server logs in relation to an investigation of an attempted murder in Italy."

It should worry us all but hyper partisanship will stand in the way of independent thinking.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

If a instructor at my daughter's college wore a button that denigrated ladies, i could whinge. maximum strongly. So why do no longer the parents of boys? once you're making a racist assertion, or otherwise offensive, it incredibly is guaranteed to come back to the parents, after which to the top. So how come those instructors destroy out with those comments? I keep analyzing articles supposedly showing how boys are dealt with abysmally. i've got by no potential come around the actuality, via the way. and that i've got been in many lecture rooms. confident, boys are frequently naughtier, louder, greater aggressive. what's the respond? can we deliver back the birch, the slipper, the cane? Little boys have by no potential been allowed to run around, inflicting disruption. They have been crushed in the event that they did. We get instructed that we are dumbing down the equipment on one hand, yet on the different, ladies are doing greater suitable than boys. what's the actuality? In my daughters' college they're advertising boys on the cost of ladies. i'm no longer too stricken, needless to say there's a elect in society, yet on the comparable time, why ought to my daughters be neglected? can we ought to circulate back to a society the place one gender is promoted over yet another? Are boys no longer able to behaving, doing the comparable artwork as a woman - which curiously has been "dumbed down"? it incredibly is a secret to me. Boys used to act - until the previous couple of years. Is it as a results of larger style of single mothers? if so, what can we do approximately that? Few women willingly have infants on their very own. I do have faith that as a society we are transforming into greater tolerant, with infants being inspired to be "severe lively". according to risk we ought to all do with some parenting instructions. otherwise, deliver back the cane.

• logan
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Well, this is definitely interesting. Although according to the article, it seems as this website maybe an avenue for possible "questionable behavior" by some that might be on the radical side of politics. The article also points out that this site was investigated in 2004 also. So, there may be something there that needs to be looked into...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The Obama Administration considers their agenda to be far more important than the Constitution of the United States of America.

"The framers of the U.S. constitution have simply been too shrewd for us. The have outwitted us. They designed separate institutions that cannot be unified by mechanical linkages, frail bridges, tinkering. If we are to 'turn the Founders upside down' -- we must directly confront the constitutional structure they erected.".......The Power to Lead ....by James McGregor Burns

• guru
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

That you have misled readers of your question is not surprising -- the right tends to do that

The Justice Dept. asked for a list of users on a particular day. What this would seem to indicate is that something of a criminal nature took place that day and is being investigated from that website.

That your fear, paranoia, or political agenda took over is sad.

• 1 decade ago

Another example of govt getting to big for their britches. They need to be shown the door and realize they work for us no we for them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you can find a source that isn't a blog im on board with you completely. THis pisses me the hell off!

• 1 decade ago

Hm mm I agree this is definitely not fair!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Whats IP ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.