? asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Should those who ask for Sharia Law in Britain be advised to go to a country where these laws are in force?

do we need laws that are from another country?

• ?
    Best Answer

Having travelled in countries were Sharia law is Paramount , You do not want to go there it is like being transported back fifteen hundred years with the baying of the crowd and the screams of the victims and it follows you for years . To live in such an atmosphere you have to be fifth Century in mind . To a modern man it is unbearable that such barbarity still exists. Those that wish to live under such a system should be deported swiftly without stopping at go, if they love it so why did they come here in the first place. There is no place for such in the modern world it is an anachronism left over and preserved by a stone age religion that should have kept up with the world or died out . Our so called PC brigade protects and defends it and even pushes our culture to one side when the two collide . which means it is in favour of Women being treated like second class donkeys honour killings torture decapitation limb removal no women's rights whatsoever and filthy old men with there own fifth century agenda deciding the future of others . Yet if a British Christian Citizen tried one or any of them things the scream of human rights coming from the PC brigade would be heard all over Britain.

Absolutely not, Sharia law has always existed in the Muslim community in whatever country they may reside. Muslims can ask for a ruling under Sharia law to settle almost any dispute, however they are still bound by the laws of the country and can ask to be represented in civil and criminal courts just the same as anyone else. For serious crime that is reported to the police and charges are brought then they are subject to, and bound by, the criminal justice system of the country they live in. What is the problem with that ? If anybody in this country has a dispute with their neighbour over car parking, fence lines or excessive noise they can ask the local authority to make a ruling and adjudicate in the matter, if both parties agree to abide by this third party judgement there is no need for the police or the judicial system to get involved costing the rest of us money. We have no problems with that, why should we have a problem with Sharia law to sort out disputes as it has been doing for 1400 years, to remain in place it must be working, yeah ?

• DIXIE

I am afraid yes they should, why, lets spin it around, if I was in their country and I ask for Christianity and the teachings of the Church of England ( in my opinion yes religion faith habit history is inside the term Sharia Law) and all British Laws to be allowed including public address, discussion, debates, and public meetings, including holding court.

What do you think they will say I bet it is thus "everyone has the right to express their faith and live by their Law Christians go ahead no problems me ol mucker"

Have i missed something, why do I not think so?.

I rest my case. When Rome do as the Romans do, that's what they actually do, why not us. PC brigade I do not and have never recognised you , because secretly you say the same, Oh yes you do, and I say again Oh yes you do, in public no, in private, Oh yes you do.

I respect all faiths, and they are all equal in my mind, they all come from locations from all over the world so to practise it, go there, simple peeps.

Yes they should. We get to many laws imposed upon us by foreigners, the EU, without having any more. The best idea is for us to remove our country from the fraudulent and criminally ruinous EU and then if Turkey joins the borders will be secure against yet more mass immigration that we can do nothing about.

In a democracy, people are entitled to request any change to the laws of the land that they want. In the case of such minority views (remember they cancelled their march because there was so little interest), it just won't happen.

Equally, in a democracy, you are entitled to suggest that anyone asking for our laws to be changed go and live in a country which has those laws.

Yes. When I went on my first foreign trip from school all the trendy teachers who expected us to bow to everyone coming here so as not to offend their customs, were the very first to remind us of the old saying about "When in Rome ...." while we were overseas.

So people coming here, to a country that has a large Christian majority must not object to us following our own ways. They can follow theirs as well but don't let them try to run us around.

However, having said that, I don't believe that many foreigners do object to our religious festivals. The people who do are really our own brand indigenous atheists who use the foreigners as an excuse so that we shouldn't celebrate Christmas.

No way they should be 'advised'! Deported is a far better solution! And no, we do not need any laws from other countries. That's why I'm anti the EU.

Absolutely, however they have the right to free speech. In certain countries, raising your voice in opposition will have you beaten up and sometimes even worse. It shouldnt be taken too far though, what if someone asks for the death penalty to be re-introduced? do we say to them, hey go to the USA and live there - probably not.

• cure

precisely appropriate! they are able to coach their faith, however the barbaric Sharia rules should not be allowed. regardless of governing physique that announces Sharia regulation must be allowed should be recalled, fired, dragged out of their places of work, tarred and feathered. whilst an immigrant chooses to stay in a distinctive u . s . a . in addition they comply with stay via that international places regulations and rules. era. those Muslim immigrants are pushing way too difficult as a manner to make their very own little u . s . a . interior of our very own. The undesirable element is, is that our so reported as governments might enable it to ensue i'm afraid.

Yes - plenty of them out there

No - we have our own legal system which is more than adequate - why use a barbaric system that thinks it is still in the 5th century.