Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What's the best way to get vegetable oil out of a blouse?

Help!!...xxx

Update:

It's white cotton...

Update 2:

Bri ~ I wish!,lol

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You know it's a hand cleaner called GO-JO if you look on the label it can be used for laundry, it will remove all oils from cloth with with no damage. I worked on a girls car and I had a $400 jacket it took all the oil stains out of it

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Sprinkle cornstarch on stain and leave about half an hour to lift the oil. Don't dab or rub the stain. Brush constarch from clothing. Soak in Dawn and hottest water possible for at least an hour. Swish the garment under the water good. Empty water and rinse. Spray with pre-treater such as Shout. If machine washable, put through regular cycle with damp towels.

• 1 decade ago

Stain Removal Step 1.

Remove as much excess oil as possible with a dull knife or spoon.

Stain Removal Step 2.

Apply 3-5 minutes to allow it to go completely through the fabric.

Stain Removal Step 3.

Use liquid detergent to rub through the stained fabric.

Stain Removal Step 4.

Allow the garment to sit for a few minutes.

Stain Removal Step 5.

Wash in the hottest water safe for the fabric. Check tags to determine what water temperature to use for washing.

• 1 decade ago

if u are in the US....we have this cleaner called "Awesome"...it is yellow liquid in a spray bottle...they sell it at the 99 cent stores...it is the best!!! U want to spay it and scrub it real well before u touch water to the stain...water will set the stain...do it 2 or 3 times...then wash in hot water...it will take it out...(it used to be advertised on T.V.)

Source(s): my experience with oil stains
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • put shout on it immediately and before u wash it use meat tenderizer (not seasoned)...sprinkle a little on the stain and add a little water to make a paste out of it...use a tooth brush and scrub in small circles..this method also works for underarm stains...

when u wash i...put a generous amount of baking soda in ur water too

good luck babe!

• 1 decade ago

Never heard it called Vegetable oil before ;)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

*Guessing* but I'd try some baking soda or corn starch to try to absorb it and then use some Dawn dish soap on it. Or some Hand cleaner that men use to remove grease. Go Orange or GoJo...something like that.

• 1 decade ago

UMMMMMM Is that really what it is? I didn't know cucumbers were oily. I think maybe you should lay off the vegetables for a while or take off your blouse when you're "COOKING".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It`s ***** really isn`t it ?

Don`t dab it .. Spray with Vanish .. leave for a minute .. straight in the washing machine ..

• 1 decade ago

It can be pretty tough to get out. But it sure was easy for us to get it there,wasn't it.slipping and sliding on rubber sheets..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.