I HAVE A VIRUS THAT JUST POPPED UP ON MY OTHER COMPUTER?
I SHUT IT OFF IMMEDIATELY. HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING RID OF IT. IM AFRAID AS SOON AS I TURN IT ON IT IS GOING TO RUN THROUGH THE COMPUTER. I KNOW ITS A VIRUS BECAUSE I GOT THE SAME ONE AT WORK. IT POPS UP LIKE A VIRUS PROTECTION PRO BUT IT IS NOT
- ilknur KLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
The Best way to Remove Virus,all Trojans,Malware,Spyware, Worm,Pop Up,Hijack Web browser and all Rogue Fake Anti-virus in you Computer is Restart You Computer Safe Mode with Networking:
1. Log out and reboot your machine.
2. When the machine starts the reboot sequence, press the F8 key repeatedly.
3. Select Safe Mode with Networking from the resulting menu.
4. Login. If the malware has changed your password, try logging in as Administrator. By default, Administrator has no password.
5. The machine will continue booting, but the Windows desktop will look different.
Then in The Safe With Networking .Download and Scan By Using Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/...
Download and Scan By Using Super Anti-Spyware Press here http://www.superantispyware.com/
Download and Scan By using Norman Malware Cleaner Press here http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=5450&file...
Download ATF is a new, freeware, temporary file cleaner for Windows, IE, Firefox and Opera with a simple, easy-to-use interface.
The main screen allows the user to either clean all temporary files, or select files for cleaning. The program also knows if Firefox and or Opera is being used, and gives the option of cleaning the temporary files associated with those applications.
ATF Cleaner provides the user with a window showing the total bytes freed upon completion. The program is small (36kb), quick to run and no installation required. to Download ATF Cleaner press this link http://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html
6. When you're finished Remove Virus, Malware, Trojan, Worm, rogue virus and Spyware log out and reboot back into normal mode
- Anonymous1 decade ago
well, that depends. if the virus that keeps popping up is called something along the lines of "green shield" or something like that, it wont damage the computer, just **** you off. if you have a windows, start the computer and when the thing pops up, hit ctrl-shift-esc, find the name of the program that shouldn't be running, and click on it. then right click it, choose go to process. it will highlight the name of the process. right click it, then hit go to file location, and delete the file.Source(s): i had that problem