can israel construct very high mesh wire fences close to the gaza strip and lebanon border?

to prevent the launching of rockets into israel.

is this feasible??

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel is its own independent country, so they can build a fence wherever they want, as long as it remains in Israeli territory. As for feasible, I don't think it would stop rockets, but it would stop some Palestinians trying to illegally enter. Unfortunately, for rockets, they have a fifteen second warning siren which tells you to take cover and find the nearest bomb shelter. And the residents of South Israel, especially Sderot, are too used to this sound.

Edit: Dave: No, the rockets came before the blockade. The Qassam rockets appeared in 2001, when Israel still had control of Gaza. The Israeli government though that giving Gaza up would stop them, but they were wrong, and as a result of Hamas still sending rockets, Israel started a blockade.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Auuuf!.. These missiles or rockets are nothing more than a stepped up version of the model rockets were use here as kids. One difference.. They are bigger and have a warhead on them. I think 5 pounds HE explosive for the Katusha missile. (dont know how to spell it) The trajectory of these things is a lob. way high then they free fall and explode where ever the wind took it. The missile can go as high a mile or more in the air before coming back down.. That's a very high fence.

• 1 decade ago

recent history shows most clearly that Israel is more than capable of taking care of themselves. They have every intention of protecting themselves and if it takes a fence a mile high I am sure they would do so. You mess with them and they will come back at you ten times harder. I wish there was no need of protections between Palestine, Lebanon, and Israel, but I do not think there every will be peace there, if it ever happens I will be very worried that the end is come.

• 1 decade ago

Why not?

Israel is getting $$$ from the U.S. yearly and the Jews can use that money to build it!

Plus, any Arabs are getting too close to the construction sites will be randomly shot for that reason.

Source(s): Common sense rules.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the country is already surrounded. Israel controls it

they launched rockets Because the country WAS blockaded by Israel- preventing supplies from entering

• 1 decade ago

No they just need to eliminate the enemy.

• 1 decade ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.