Help! How do I resolve Windows XP Blue Screen of Death?

I'm so bewildered, I really don't know what went wrong. All I know is that I turned my stupid computer on and a message appeared stating that an error or problem was detected and gave me a four options: Safe Mode, Safe Mode with command prompt, Last known configuration, and start normal. All options are taking me to the blue screen. The blue screen lists a bunch of 0's: 0x00000024, 0x00190203, 0x81b4b4a8, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000. What do these mean and how do I resolve the problem?? I'm so upset since all my work is my computer and I can't log in to at least save them. If you have any info at all that might assist me please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

It is likely that something you used messed up your installation of windows. Have you watched any "free" movies or listened to "free" music lately?

You will not be able to do a "system restore", but you may have an option.

If you have XP, you can try to do a "repair install" of windows which will keep your data OK. You will need your windows DVD. If you cannot do a repair install, you will have to reformat and reinstall windows which means losing ALL your work. That "free" movie wasn't so free after all, was it?

The process for a repair install is EASY, but too long to list here. Just do a google search for "repair install" or "Parallel install" on your other computer, print off the instructions and follow them exactly.

Another thought would be to TEMPORARILY upgrade to win vista or win7. Your data may be safe in a file called "windows.old" after your system is running. do a search for "windows.old" don't use the quotes, I use them so you know what to look for. When you find windows.old you find your profile, copy off your GOOD data only. Do NOT copy any movies or music from a friend or from the internet. Then you reinstall your old operating system. Do not leave the illegal copy on your system for more than a day or so. Microsoft WILL know about it the first time you connect to the net. They won't care if you tell them it is a temporary install for data recovery, but WILL care if you use it for more than a short period of time.

good luck!

I just do it the dumb persons way. I shut off the computer and wait 5 minutes and turn it on again. See what happens. Something is not happy in your machine.

BTW only the operator is stupid. The computer is just a machine. It has no "brain power"

If that did not work then the insertion of the WindowsXP cd is necessary and go into repair mode.