? asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 decade ago

Perianal Warts - what should I do?

I went to the doctor and he told me I had what is called perianal warts (though from what I've read it's just genital warts) and from what I was told I could have had this for years without knowing (I bet my cheating ex gave it to me may he rot in h***) and instead of treating it in the office like I've read they could (this is a family doctor if anyone is curious), they are making me wait to get a colonoscopy and they seem to be getting more and more irritating and uncomfortable. They made me an appointment with a specialist on the 5th of December and from what I've read this can get worse going untreated. So what should I do? Should I go to a doctor who will treat them at the office right when I go or should I call my doctor and tell him he needs to treat them or should I wait it out? I don't know what to do and I'm kinda freaked out and this is embarrassing but I don't know who to ask about this anymore cause my recent boyfriend keeps telling me I need to wait for what the specialist says and stop trying to look things up to keep a positive mind when I don't know all that is going on.

Favorite Answer

call the specialist and see if you cant get an earlier appointment. it's good that you are reading about the symptoms, etc. online, however, it could freak you out a little more. genital warts can always reappear, but i would do what your doctor tells you to do and if you disagree with that then find another doctor.

Perianal warts, also known as condyloma accuminatum are pink, to light pink in color. These growths occur on the anus, and genitalia as a result of becoming infected with the human papilloma virus (HPV) this is one of the most common STD's in the United States. The std infection perianal warts occur on the penis, vagina, anus, and rarely in the mouth. When perianal warts appear in the anal area they are at times mistaken for hemorrhoids. These warts are spread by contact with the wart, which sheds viral particles. The perianal warts grow geometrically and may appear in large numbers. It may take months for perianal warts to appear after a person has become infected with the hpv virus. If there is the slightest chance that you could have become infected call a health care provider immediately to be tested, this will save a lot of discomfort in the future. While in the health care providers office ask about a product called Warts No More that is an all natural treatment that is used for perianal warts treatment. Warts No More can remove the perianal warts, and control future outbreaks. Currently a medication to cure the hpv infection is not available. Never use an over the counter treatment, or home remedy for treating perianal warts without consulting a health care provider these products can damage a person for life. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!!!