Instead of the P90X nutrition guide, can I do this instead?

I'm kinda working my way into P90X. I started by changing my diet and cutting the crap. This is my current diet in order of what I eat first:

Morning:

Protein Shake (25g of protein)

Do my morning workout

Can of Tuna

Protein Shake (25g of protein)

Lunch:

Protein Shake (25g of protein)

Peanut Butter + Banana Sandwich

Dinner:

Legit ground beef burger

Protein Shake (25g of protein)

Workout

Protein Shake (25g of protein)

Bedtime:

Protein Shake (25g of protein)

If, when I start P90X, I kept the same eating habits, would I still get the awesome p90x results?

Thanks

Zak

BTW: I'm not constipated, and I don't have diarrhea from the protein.

Best Answer

P90X is a great system.

However, the nutrition can be expensive man...

Anyways, your diet is definitely a protein diet.

But make sure your body uses this protein you are eating. See one gram of protein has 4 calories. If you are taking 25g you are eating 100 calories. A lot of high school kids who can not put on muscle(they are under 18 and their genetics haven't kicked in yet) will start consuming it in large amounts of protein powder thing it will make them big but instead they gain weight.

Suggestion though. Watch your calories and also eat wheat or whole grain bread slices for your sand which. Also the banana contains good source or potassium which can aid your joints and help with your workout if you wish to move the sandwhich in the morning.

As for your second question.... No and yes... You will make results staying on your old eating habit but if you are eating more calories than your body consumes then you are also going to get fat. Nutrition is really the hardest part about training. It takes so much knowledge. It's really trail and error. I would get your BMR then tack 500 calories on it. Monitor your body fat. If your body fat percentage goes up then you know 500 calories is too much. If your body isn't making enough gains in muscle then up it another 500 and see where that puts you. Keep it protein low carb/fat.

Also get a mutli vitmamin(don't worry vitamins are micronutrients and contain no calories unlike macronutrients).

Here is something to remember....

1 gram of protein = 4 calories

1 gram of carbs = 4 calories(minus fiber which is close to zero)

1 gram of fat = 9 calories(it's doubled yes... But you still need it for healthy fats that your body can't make on it's own).

These are maconutrients that contain calories. Alcohol contains 7 calories but it's not a nutrient.

I hope this helps. If you need more help email me.