Put these fact together and tell me what you get because I see the death rattle of the US sounding?
The estimated population of the United States is 307,348,183
so each citizen's share of this debt is $39,096.15.
National SNAP/Food Stamp Record: In December 2008, SNAP/Food Stamp participation was 31,784,453 people, the highest participation level on record, and an increase of nearly 700,000 individuals from November 2008.
Notice the debt durring Bush's term and the wars
Posted: January 25, 2009 - 2:00 AM
WASHINGTON — The government said Thursday that it has distributed an additional $1.5 billion to 39 banks nationwide as part of the $700 billion financial rescue program.
The latest capital infusions, which were made Jan. 16, bring the total amount used to buy bank stock to $193.8 billion. Nearly 300 banks in 43 states and Puerto Rico have received support through the program.
The outgoing Bush administration also spent an additional $20 billion last week to provide support to Bank of America Corp. and $1.5 billion to bolster Chrysler's auto financing arm.
Those payments brought the Bush administration's total bailout program spending to $299.6 billion.
If Congress approves the supplemental funding request submitted this week by the Obama administration, the cost of the war will rise by $87 billion for 2009, including a previous supplement approved during the Bush administration.
Added to the amount spent through 2008, it would mean the Iraq war will have cost taxpayers a total of about $694 billion. By comparison, the Vietnam War cost $686 billion in inflation-adjusted dollars and World War II cost $4.1 trillion, according to a Congressional Research Service study completed last year.
* President Bush expanded the federal budget by a historic $700 billion through 2008. President Obama would add another $1 trillion.
* President Bush began a string of expensive financial bailouts. President Obama is accelerating that course.
* President Bush created a Medicare drug entitlement that will cost an estimated $800 billion in its first decade. President Obama has proposed a $634 billion down payment on a new government health care fund.
* President Bush increased federal education spending 58 percent faster than inflation. President Obama would double it.
* President Bush became the first President to spend 3 percent of GDP on federal antipoverty programs. President Obama has already increased this spending by 20 percent.
* President Bush tilted the income tax burden more toward upper-income taxpayers. President Obama would continue that trend.
* President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt), President Obama’s budget would add $4.9 trillion in public debt from the beginning of 2010 through 2016.
Although accurate numbers are impossible to come by -- no one keeps national records on homeless veterans -- the VA estimates that 131,000 veterans are homeless on any given night.
Russian subs patrol off the Atlantic and the Pacific
China ties the hands of the US at the UN using its veto to make sure NO FORCE can be used to inspect N Korean ships - N Korea has openly threatened to wipe the US off the map
Russians have a new map of the US drawn
http://strangemaps.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/pan... Their view of how the US will be partitioned
Again I see the last strains for breath --- the death rattle of an Empire spent on military aggression
--- How else can these things be seen?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
are you crazy? they dont want facts, they dont want the truth - - they want to blame the other side for everything and continue arguing over red and blue like foolsSource(s): usa two party politics is so stupid -
- Anonymous1 decade ago
American empire is toast but the US is a very resilient country.
It's survived a civil war, depression, more wars, riots, and so on.
The country has to wean itself from the military/industrial complex and it will be fine.
- The Anti-PopLv 41 decade ago
you came up with this all by yourself.......?