Could you identify women & men cologne/perfume? (Part of Science Fair Project)?

Ok, I think I need a better title.. The point is, "Which gender could identify women and men cologne/perfume better?". My hypothesis is: I think that women could identify colognes and perfumes better than men can because they do the shopping with that stuff more and would know the difference in the scents.

I don't think the word "identify" should be in there.. So if you have a better word, suggestions are welcome. And please, answer the question. Thanks! =D

PS: It's due tomorrow & I'm a procrastinator, which means I just started & thought of this last night!! Soo, I know its not a great idea.. But I want marks for my science class!

Favorite Answer

Another word you can use to replace "identify" with is "distinguish". I would agree that in general women can distinguish the difference between colognes/perfumes better. I also think you do make a good point that the main reason women can distinguish the difference is because they have more exposure to fragrances in general. However, it is not always true because I myself have a very good nose for fragrances but that is because I do expose myself to many different fragrances being that I collect colognes, and buy different perfumes to women I know and ones that I am in a relationships with.

• Lila

I think you are right. Women tend to smell better than men in this matter to differentiate between perfume (usually more floral scent) and cologne (usually more musky, woodsy and masculine scent). However the "Nose" (the expert/person who makes or develops scents/fragrances for a special Cosmetics House) are most of the time Men (especially in Europe, Paris, Rome etc). Hope it helps.

Source(s): Works as a Make Up Artist.

You need test rats. What I mean by test rats I mean people who will test stuff for you. Go to a perfume store or get a couple of perfumes and then get a group of boys and girls and have them sniff the perfume and cologne and then record whatever they say about it.

Age sixteen Gender Male answer ALL questions with the two specific or No. a million. Are you afraid of spiders? No 2. Are you afraid of clowns? No 3. Are you afraid of the darkish? specific 4. Are you afraid of snakes? No 5. Are you afraid of cats? No 6. Are you afraid of bees? No 7. Are you afraid of rats/mice? No 8. Are you afraid of storms (thunder/lights)? No 9. Are you afraid of canines? No 10. Are you afraid of horses? No 11. Are you afraid of being in small places? specific 12. Are you afraid of being in elevators? specific 13. Are you afraid of heights? No 14. Are you afraid of being in grave yards? No 15. Are you afraid of butterflies? No sixteen. Are you afraid of babies? No 17. Are you afraid of pregnant women persons? No 18. Are you afraid of curler coasters? specific 19. Are you afraid of sharks? No 20. Are you afraid of being underground? specific 21. Are you afraid of flying on an airplane? No 22. Are you afraid of trains? No 23. Are you afraid of needles? No 24. Are you afraid of hospitals? No 25. Are you afraid of weapons? No, i'm a huge supporter of gun rights. i'm no longer somewhat afraid of any of them to tell you the certainty. those I positioned "specific" for are those the place i'm a sprint extra careful around.

recognize. and im a woman and i can smell pretty well. hope this helps(: