Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

HELP-MBA from HARVARD!!!!!?

Hello,

I have a question regarding admission to Harvard MBA.

I am in First year university in Canada pursuing accounting. I hope to obtain a CA/CFA/CMA (don't know which one yet). So, I was wondering, what the criteria is to go to Harvard for MBA? Please help me out, also give me some advice as to which accounting designation I should obtain, as I am totally clueless, I know CFA is different from a CA/CMA so help me out here...

And give me some advice on how to get into Harvard for an MBA, as I want to pursue that in the future. Thank you, preferably some one who has or is in the process of completing it in Harvard will be able to better answer this question.

Favorite Answer

The CA or CPA (US) is a professional designation allowing you to express an opinion on financial statements. The CFA and CMA do not provide that privilege. It all depends on what you want as a career.

To get into Harvard or another top MBA program, earn excellent grades, work 2-4 years after you graduate, get a high GMAT score, have lots of money for tuition, and apply.

The Official MBA Guide provides a lot of information about the MBA degree and MBA schools and programs. It's a comprehensive free public service with more than 2,000 MBA programs listed worldwide. It allows you to search for programs by location (US, Europe, Far East, etc.), by concentration (finance, marketing, aviation management, health management, accounting, etc.), by type of program (full-time, distance learning, part-time, executive, and accelerated), and by listing your own criteria and preferences to get a list of universities that satisfy your needs. Schools report their accreditation status, tuition cost, number of students, class sizes, program length, and a lot of other data. Schools provide data on entrance requirements, program costs, program characteristics, joint degrees, and much more. You can use the Guide to contact schools of your choice, examine their data, visit their web site, and send them pre applications. You can see lists of top 40 schools ranked by starting salaries of graduates, GMAT scores, and other criteria. It's the best service available at http://officialmbaguide.org.

I'm not sure it's public,but I imagine it's title was'Do unto others like Daddy do unto others'