Looking for good dessert recipes?

Well i wanted to do some baking and I'm looking for some good recipes that aren't near impossible. First of i am 15 and I'm just starting of baking, also i have a really bad habit of burning things, thought i should mention that, and still I prefer oven recipes to refrigerated ones. Oh and also i would like to bake something that looks complicated but isn't really. Kinda dents my confidence when people think all i know how to cook is kd and peanut butter cookies :( Cooking for me is hopeless, but i like baking so i'm hoping to be good at , at least one of them. Thanx in advance :P

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nutmeg Meltaways

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup toasted, ground almonds

1 cup confectioners' sugar

1 tablespoon ground nutmeg

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Gradually add flour; mix well. Stir in almonds. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. In a shallow bowl combine confectioners' sugar and nutmeg. Gently roll cooled cookies in sugar mixture.

Yield: 30 servings

Chocolate Toffee Crunchies

INGREDIENTS

2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup butter, melted

TOPPING:

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS

Combine crumbs, brown sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. In a saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 1 minute. Pour evenly over crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand until chocolate is melted. Spread evenly over top; sprinkle with pecans. Cool completely before cutting.

Pecan Pie Cookie Bars

INGREDIENTS

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup dark brown sugar, divided

1 cup butter or margarine, melted

1 egg, beaten

1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and butter. Spread on bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes.

In medium bowl, beat together egg, condensed milk , vanilla and remaining brown sugar. Stir in pecans. Pour on top of baked cookie layer. Bake 25 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars. Store leftovers covered at room temperature.

***Very easy recipes and OH so yummy around the holidays!!

Almond Coconut Macaroons

1 14-oz. can of sweetened condensed milk

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 tablespoon almond extract (optional)

1 tablespoon water

8 ounces (2 cups) desiccated coconut

Add vanilla, almond extract, and water to the condensed milk and stir until thoroughly mixed. Add the coconut and mix thoroughly. Allow this mixture to stand for 2 to 24 hours or longer (stirring occasionally) to allow the coconut to re-hydrate.

Form approximately 1" diameter cookies and bake at 350°F on parchment covered baking sheet for about 12-14 minutes until light golden brown. Slide parchment onto wire rack to cool. This recipe makes about 18 cookies.

Drunken (Bourbon) Fruitcake Cookies

1/2 cup butter

1 cups packed light brown sugar

2 eggs

1/2 pound golden raisins

1/2 pound brown raisins

1/4 pound red candied cherries

1/4 pound red candied pineapple

1/4 pound green candied cherries (optional)

1/4 pound green candied pineapple (optional)

1/2 cup bourbon (optional) (alcohol evaporates during cooking)

1 tablespoon milk

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 pound walnut halves

1/2 pound pecan halves

In a medium bowl, dredge candied fruit and raisins in 1 cup flour.

In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in bourbon and milk. Mix in remaining flour and spices. Stir in fruit and nuts. Refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool on wire racks.

On the optional, green candied fruit, I usually don't use it because I think it's ugly. If you don't use it, double the amount of the other candied fruits.

Even people that absolutely hate fruitcake love these cookies. They're awesome!!

Another Idea: on your peanut butter/kiss thumbprint cookies, use a variety of different kisses, they make them in several different flavors and even ones with almonds or caramel inside.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • -
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I made some cranberry-nut muffins today and baked them in mini-muffin pans. They were even better than I thought and not hard at all. Look on the Ocean Spray website for recipes for that recipe if you like. You can also bake muffins and brownies from mixes to start with. If you are burning things it could either be you need to set a timer, or the thermostat in the oven is not working properly and you need to stay in the kitchen and watch everything you bake. I use an insulated cookie sheet and have never burnt a cookie since using it.

• 1 decade ago

Make these, they are soo good!

Banana Cream Pie Bars

Ingredients

40 vanilla wafers, finely crushed

6 tablespoons butter, melted

1 (8 ounce) package philadelphia cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed, divided

3 medium ripe bananas

3 cups milk (any percent will work)

1 (1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix

1 (1 ounce) package jell-o instant banana cream pudding mix

1/2 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking square, grated

Directions

COMBINE wafers and butter; press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch dish.

MIX cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread evenly over crust; set aside.

Cut bananas in slices;Arrange in a nice layer over the cream cheese mixture.

POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minute Spoon over bananas.

Spread top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle evenly with chocolate.

Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.

• 4 years ago

Cherry Crunch 1/2 c. flour 1/2 c. brown sugar 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1/2 c. oatmeal 1/4 c. melted butter or maargarine 1 can cherry pie filling Mix the first five ingredients until crumbly. Pour the cherry pie filling into an 8x8 inch baking dish. Top with oatmeal mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Okay if you have a glass bowl....layer it with..cut up pieces of chocolate cake..then chocolate pudding..then marachino cherrys, then skor bars or some other toffe bars broken in pieces, then cool whip...keep layering ending it with cool whip and some chocolate pieces and a few cherrys ..The dessert looks so pretty from the side...if you have a trifle bowl that is the best.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This is the best option for a reverse phone number lookup https://tr.im/721a7

Receiving a one or two hang up calls each month is probably nothing to worry about, but when those calls increase in frequency and if it happens in the middle of the night then you must do something to stop it, before it starts affecting your life. With the help of this services you can take away the one advantage these people have - their anonymity.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Seven Layer Magic Bars

Go here for a video:

http://eaglebrand.com/videos.asp?v=mcb#video

OR here is the recipe:

Makes about 36

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk

1 cup butterscotch flavored chips

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 1/3 cups flaked coconut

1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350°, (325° for glass dish). Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with a sheet of foil, making sure to cover the sites well. Place the butter in the baking pan and melt it in the oven. Sprinkle crumbs over butter; pour condensed milk evenly on top of crumbs. Top with remaining ingredients in order listed; press down firmly with fork. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.

(can be frozen)

```````````````````````````````````````````````````

```````````````````````````````````````````````````

For future use.

Cooking Made Easy:

Buy a microwave and a crock pot (slow cooker). Be sure to read the booklet that comes with both.

You put all the food into a crock pot, top with the lid, set for 8 hours, and your dinner is ready when you get home:

1. 1,160 Crock Pot recipes:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search?q=crock+pot

````````````````````````````````````````````````````

2. 2,600 Microwave recipes:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search?q=microwave

(this is one of the best cooking websites on the internet...see the categories on the left hand side of the screen. Put this in your "Favorites" for future use.)

````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I have been cooking for about 50 years. A few years ago, my husband and I discovered that the "big company known brands" frozen dinners are delicious. All you need to do is add canned or frozen vegetables for side dishes, and a salad which can be bought in bags as side dishes. All kinds of desserts are in the freezer section. Always read the directions on the containers. Clerks will be happy to help you find these items.

The grocery stores now have sealed pre-cooked meats such as pot-roasts, pork chops, meatloaf, baked ham, chicken, and etc. They are sooooo good and most have their own gravy. Buy brand names that you know. Follow the directions on the containers. You will find them in the cold section (not the freezers). Ask a clerk to show you were they can be found.

There are jars of all types of sauces for all kinds of noodles. These are found on a shelf. Noodles come in packages, follow the directions on the package. A clerk can help you find both of these items.

You will find many brand named boxed dinners such as Pasta-Roni. There is a "seasoned packet" in each box. My favorite is Garlic & Olive Oil. I put more garlic powder in it 'cause I like to taste lots of garlic. Ask a clerk if you need help in finding these boxed dinners.

Don't forget the deli. They now have rotisserie/roasted chickens and fried chicken just like Ky. Fried Chicken. And they have all types of side dishes to go along with your dinner. If you are in a hurry, run over to your supermarket and grab a nice deli lunch or dinner. They taste like home cooking.

By the way, supermarkets and meat markets now cook Thanksgiving turkey dinners with all the trimmings. Check to make sure if you need to put your name on their holiday list. They will cook a Christmas roast for you too. Check the telephone's yellow pages for meat markets.

OR buy a smoked turkey/chicken. All you need to do is heat in the oven.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````

My Favorite Recipe Websites:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/ch/main_dishes.html

Videos from Kraftfoods:

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/CookingSchool/Videos/...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-recipes/R...

http://www.campbellkitchen.com/recipeideas.aspx

• 1 decade ago

I made this yesterday, it takes about 3 hours to set (I let mine sit over night though) it looks really fancy but it wasn't hard at all. No oven cooking though...

Here is the link (so you can see the picture)

Beware!! Its super rich though!

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/chocolate-mou...

Also, I didn't really like the NILLA wafer cookie crust, so if I make this again i will most likely put it in a graham cracker crust instead.

• 1 decade ago

Try making melting moments. They are simple, but delicious!

Or you could make a chocolate self saucing pudding, this is also simple and delicious!

Hope this helps

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I saw many delicious recipes in a good magazine.

Here is an example:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cookies-n-Creme-Fudge...

• B S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Check out http://sumiram2006.googlepages.com/dessert it has recipes for quite a few tasty desserts that can be prepared easily from home .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.